DAYS: Alison Sweeney's Latest Blog

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH need to get rid of Guza. Frons and JFP need to go, too. As long as they are in charge of the show, this show will never be able to maintain a 3.0. I seriously believe that with better writing and a more balanced show, it could get a 3.0 or above every week.

And it could beat B&B on the weekly basis.

• Members

I'm looking forward to the show improving. A lot of faith is being invested in Ed Scott. I'm sure his years at Y&R give him the all the right skills for the job, but I can't help but be a little reluctant to be too enthusiastic. I've been disappointed so many times with this show, I'm a little afraid to hope for an improvement.

Still, I can't help but be cautiously optimistic with the posts from Steve and Ali. If the actors are excited, it will show up in their performances onscreen. :)

I'll have to wait and see.

• Members

Pest Spray, I am not talking about you specifically as I have not seen you doing this, but I have seen many posts from people with objections about the "Sami show" that bash both Sami and Alison Sweeney and these posts can be especially harsh on Sweeney when it comes to her portrayal of Colleen.

• Members

Thank You Toups!

The thing I like about you and other posters on this site is the positive energy y'all generate. It's good to see.

Days has one of the largest untapped fan bases in Daytime. It has proven time and time again that with the right story, fans will return. Things are bad right now, and it will take a lot of buzz, but if any soap can regenerate from these lows, Days can.

All we need is some watercooler talk, some positive feenback, and some quality from the show. It may never get into the three's again, but I think it can pull a 2.7 or 2.8 if it gained enough momentum. I also think it can make #1 in 18-49 again given the right story and publicity.

The problem is too many diehard fans are singing a swan song. It's not gone yet, they've hired a jam up behind the scenes staff, and the cast is the best mix of characters I've seen in over a decade. They need to cut some dead weight, but other than that, we have some really big names right now.

The two soaps that have the fan base to pull out if loyalty is reinstated are Days and GH. Both of these are "franchise soaps", with a huge mass market appeal. They go past a mere daytime serial, and have almost Icon status. Ask a non-soap TV watcher which soaps they know about...They'll mention an ambulance and an hour glass. Days is kind of a resprenstation of the soap world. It CAN regenerate.

Archived