DAYS: Monday

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Part of me wonders if the Lexie/Tony stuff was written in a way to suggest that Tony knew of Lexie as a child. We know that Celeste was so involved in Stefano's life that she knows of all of his children and such (afterall, we learned she knew Benji a couple of months ago in that car scene) . They always had it written as Celeste knew Tony very well (even if it was Andre the past decade or so) so I wonder if Tony may have known Celeste when she had Lexie and that is what was meant by "not seeing Lexie in so long." He would certainly keep the secret from Celeste because he would agree with protecting her from Stefano. If that is the case, they should have thrown that into the scene or have a scene with that later. Just a thought because that whole scene had the vibe that Tony knew of Lexie which he could've just heard about her but I didn't have that vibe. It's one thing to make a writer's error but for a whole scene to be messed up like that after all the effort to make the rewrites of Tony as Andre be as seamless as possible seems like something that would not happen.

That is how I am thinking of it because making a mistake that big is something a incompetent HW would do and, say what you want about Hogan, he is not incompetent nor is his team. It was weird and confusing though for sure.

• Members

I've been in an "I'm going to bash Days" mood lately. But I can't bash today's episode because it was good.

For the most part, today's episode had great pacing and intensity. Loved the back and forth between Roman and Stefano and especially loved EJ's and Stefano's exchange. Lucas acted the way I expected him too--Sir Yell-a-lot, but it fit and didn't take away from the scene. I loved Stefano's "wake up and smell the coffee" line to Lucas. Jett and Chelsea -- eh, that didn't grab me, but that's OK because it was offset by a whole lot of good on the show. I did enjoy the Max and Nick scenes. I hope that they allow the actor who plays Nick to get out of the story rut that he's in because he's really enjoyable to watch.

Roman getting stabbed by Andre. Like other people here, I knew it was going to happen, but it still shocked me.

OK Days, you've sort of won me back. Keep up the good work and the pacing for a least a few more days -- pulleeze!!!

• Members

Celeste kept that secret so well hidden, I doubt she would have told anyone, even Tony. That was something she intended to take to the grave. Even growing up, she had limited contact with Lexie in order to protect her; she was just "Aunt Frankie."

• Members

I know she wouldn't let anyone in on that but what if Tony came across it somehow. Nevertheless, she knew the Dimera children and she would know that Tony was nothing like Stefano and would agree with her choice to keep Lexie away from Stefano. Tony probably would've even helped her do it. I think it is possibility. It's just hard to imagine screwing up a scene completely like that when mostly everything else that has been mentioned in regards to Tony/Andre and their history has been on point, along with so much of the major Dimera history.

• Members

I loved, loved, loved that Bart was the one who stopped the stem cell procedure after reading Sami's medical records. Rolf is every bit the hack that I always thought he was. :P Now, still hatin' on EJ not being the daddy, but hey, after all the crap this pregnancy has entailed, at least one of those kiddies is not going to make it.

Next great moment, Roman getting stabbed. This Brady/DiMera feud has been pretty bloodless, so it was past time for a little ketchup to be added to the scene. B)

Finally, there was Stefano's "Where did I go wrong?" Buddy, pull up a chair, because this could take awhile. :P

P.S. Andrew, I agree that Lexie needs to get bitchy too. What has Hogan done to all of our good bitches? Hello, I want Sami, Lexie, and Chelsea to get back their 'tude.

• Members

I am not 100% certain but I believe that Tony was wearing a necklace and Andre was not. Anyone else notice that?

I also think that maybe one of the babies won't survive. What with all that they have put Sami through, it will be a wonder if they both do.

Archived