July 16-20, 2007

Toups

• Members

Wow that 2.4 for Days had to be Tony and Anna fans. That is very good news. Hopefully, Days continues to use them. Sign LeAnn to a contract!!

These are promising numbers for Days. They stayed up over a 2.0 for the whole week and I hope they can maintain for this week, which has been sluggish. The promos for this week have been good so hopefully that holds fans. It always seems like boring weeks like this get better numbers then expected so, hopefully, that is the case. Days always seems to do well during this period no matter what is going on (the never-ending Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas/EJ and Belle/Shawn/Mimi/Philip stuff last year held a 2.7 for a month!) so I hope they can remain where they are or increase.

B&B is hurting and I think it's better then it's been. Good for OLTL an I hope AMC continues to increase as well. As for GH an the rest of CBS, eh...I keep hoping for Y&R to drop off. If there is one show that needs a ratings drop, it's them. LML has to go.

Here's hoping for another good week next week!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is what happened on last Thursday's Days:

As Sami composes herself after seeing the photo of Colleen and Santo, Hope reminds her that Lucas is the man she loves, not E.J. She also decides to put the photos away so that Lucas doesn't see them. Hope complains that Lucas feels she cares about E.J. and when she tries to deny it, Hope warns that the more a person tries to deny your feelings, the stronger they can become. Sami tells her how she tried kill E.J. but couldn't do it. She then confesses that she liked E.J. and felt that Stefano brainwashed him to hurt her. E.J. approaches Lucas and states that he wants peace between them but when he also reminds Lucas that he fathered the babies Sami is carrying, Lucas orders him to relinquish his rights to them if he truly wants there to be peace. The two eventually call a truce for the sake of the kids. Anna surprises John and Marlena on their jet as they prepare to fly to find Tony. She demands that they take her with them. When they land and begin their search, they find Tony alive and well. After they bring him up to date, they ask about the problem between the two families. Tony claims that Colleen was murdered and Santo forced Stefano to seek payback the rest of his life. He then reveals Stefano has a key which will end the vendetta but insists he is not returning to Salem. An upset Stefano meets Bo at the Pub. There, Bo claims that Andre has been posing as Tony these past few months. Stefano denies knowing anything about this. Bo then leaks that John and Marlena are going to look for him but fear that he may already be dead. The elder Shawn interrupts, outraged that Stefano is in his place of business. He demands that Bo forget about the past but when Bo insists, Stefano announces that Shawn murdered his own sister. Shawn walks away and when Bo defends him, Stefano warns him not to ignore the truth. He also claims he's going to end the vendetta tonight and notifies Rolf to get some extra help to take care of all the Bradys.

• Members

Bold and Beautiful is relying on cascading through new stunt cast members like Constantine and now Heather Tom to bolster the flagging ratings, instead of an honest change in any character. Brooke still pants over one of the Marone brothers (Ridge or Nick), still fighting with Stephanie over anything even remotely resembling a life, and 'fighting' with Taylor over a man. .

OLTL is starting to get buzz for the ending stories, and there is some improvement: it seems like some characters (not all) are beginning to show glimpses of life.

• Members

Happy to see DAYS rise.

I might not be invested in GL as much as I used to, but I really wish the show would get back in the 2.0s it's just simply too sad for me to see as a GL fan, even though I hate what the TPTB have done to the show.

• Members

I love Tony and Anna and apparently so do a lot of folks. To see them together on Days again is definitely a dream come true. Hopefully, Hogan will write well for them.

Even though I personally love Scott and Ali together, the LUMI fans are killing Days, I think. Sheffer gambled and lost with forcing them on us so powerfully and so soon. Sami alone was not that powerful in my judgment. Still, in the end game, I hope it's Scott and Ali now. They are equal professionally.

Good for Days and with inching upward, maybe there will be a three-way tie with GH and B&B.

• Members

I'd like to know what's going on over at B&B their ratings have been in a free fall for the past few weeks. This is the perfect time for GH to try and make a run to take over the #2 spot.

I'm surprised OLTL is on the rise. I still think the show sucks and although Higley's storylines are being wrapped up the show still has a long way to go for me to be interested again.

• Members

Well, Ashley is featured but her storyline sucks. She is paired with Ridge and was involved with Rick. How boring if you ask me. The only good story is Brooke vs Stephanie but maybe the audience is tired of seeing it again.

Yeah, I noticed it was featured a lot last week. That must be the reason for the increase. At this point it seems like ABC soaps are on an upswing while CBS is on a downslide with NBC included. Days has all the right players in their storyline but the reason for the Dimera hate/revenge stinks! And two bombs in two or three episodes one after the other? :blink: A bit much if you ask me.

But hey my soap is stinking up the place with no signs of Pissanante being out! I dont know why she is still HW of the show. :blink:

• Members

I watch the show on and off but I don't think I want to tune back in. I heard Taylor might be pregnant with Brooke's kid. That's too soapy for me. LOL

I will say I'm glad Todd is awake and alert. The storyline of him being dragged all over Llanview was ridiculous.

• Members

Yeah, I forgot about that. Not a storyline I am interested in. It reminds me of Ashley when she stole sperm to get pregnant. It smells of Y&R's former HW. Her name slips me....LOL. I didnt like it on Y&R. And I dont like it on B&B either....LOL.

• Members

I am loving B&B these days and it deserves better ratings. I think that B&B's ratings are closely tied to Y&R's ratings. Since February, Y&R's ratings dropped and plateaued and B&B has done the same. I certainly hope that GH doesn't pass B&B because GH sucks.

ATWT has not been good in over year so its struggles are well deserved.

• Members

I can understand Y&R's ratings for the week - It was the Kevin/Jana payoff, William's death, and Adrianne Leon's last week.

I'm expecting it to start sinking really fast. There is nothing of interest anymore now it's become the Amber-and-her-stooges show.

Archived