July 16-20, 2007

Toups

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually the Tony/Anna reunion was the 2.1 day, so I don't believe that backs up your statement about people loving them showing in the ratings. I don't understand what you mean by the Lumi fans killing DAYS. Do you think they are so powerful that they are not watching because of Ejami? Lumi alone never has brought in great ratings either. Personally, I think the Sami overload along with the Touch the Sky story is a big part of what is killing DAYS right now.

• Members

I think what she means is that the Lumi fans have spent the past year campaigning to keep Sami with Lucas and away from EJ, and apparently their fan campaigns have lost the show viewers. The Lumi wedding and the weeks with Lumi in the safehouse got a 2.0, whereas last summer's story with Sami and EJ hit a 2.7. Some viewers could have deserted ship when Jack & Jennifer or Carrie & Austin left, but since those couples never seemed to have a positive impact on the ratings, it is unlikely that they had much of a negative impact. The comments in January about cancellation in 2009 didn't help the numbers, but despite a much sooner departure, Passions ratings haven't taken as steep a plunge. Since the vets are getting substantially more airtime this summer than they did last, that isn't the problem. But there most assuredly is a problem, and Days needs to disregard all fan campaigns and keep their eyes on the only numbers that matter, the Nielsens.

• Members

I'm glad OLTL is holding its own. We all know it fluctuates between 2.3 and 2.5 these days. The fact it and GH are both holding there own in difficult times is good. I'm looking forward to RC restoring some of my favorite characters and I'm glad some of these other stories are coming to an end.

• Members

B&B is really having a rough time of it. It is in a nosedive and has been for much of the summer. I stopped watching a while back because I didn't think any of the stories had changed in 20 years, but this kind of large drop is amazing.

I know a lot of people hate Y&R lately. I don't care much for the current story with the younger generation, but I'm really enjoying the Sharon/Nick/Phyllis story. That is a show I had not watched in a decade, but did get interested in that one story about a month ago. I like Sharon and Nick. I gather from reading some posts that a lot of people don't. Anyway, I'm a little surprised that Y&R has been so up and down this summer too.

I don't know what is going on with Days. It really hasn't been that bad lately.

And as I said previously, I'm impressed that OLTL is holding its own. I really hope RC follows through and puts this show back on a good footing. I also hope he brings back Dan G. :D

• Members

No truer words were ever spoken. Days needs to go for compelling stories and great drama, not what caters to the fanbases.

No one couple determines the rating. The show is an ENSEMBLE. Compelling stories will bring in numbers. That seems to be the only way to at least get decent ratings nowadays. Days already has good writing and acting. It just needs to amp things up, continue with the good balance, and go with what produces the best drama no matter what the fanbases say.

• Members

I'm ecstatic that OLTL is doing better than others right now, this summer has been awesome for the show. Whomever is behind it better keep it up. Yes, a lot has to do with the fact that storylines are climaxing, but never the less the cast has stepped up to the plate and every episode has been EXCITING! OLTL is the only soap right now that I am making an extra effort to make sure I catch on Soap Net.

Wow I didn't even realize that it was above DAYS in the 18-49 demo!! I'm sure ABC and Frons will not be paying attention this (and I am sure AMC will be coming back there too) but it is still interesting.

It sucks that with everything DAYS is still the show with the most loss over a year period. That -.6 for HH is telling and Reilly had already been gone too. Ditto for the demos.

Hopefully DAYS can recover at least some of them when time comes for negotiations.

Archived