WWE Superstar Eddie Guerrero Died Yesterday

Ryan

• Members
A local Minneapolis station WCCO posted the following on their website:

Wow, this is really sad. This guy turned his life around after being addicted to painkillers and alcohol only to die at 38. At least he was able to do something that he always dreamed of, and that's being the WWE Champion and Main Eventing at WrestleMania. I feel really bad for his family.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The RAW and SmackDown Super Show taping tonight will now be dedicated to his memory. He was supposed to win the World Championship from Batista during the triple threat match tonight (Batista will be out with an injury for a few months). SmackDown, the WWE and the entire wrestling industry has lost one of it's most popular and talented wrestlers. I am hoping the WWE will end his nephew's current gimmick (as Kerwin White) and let him return to being Chavo Guerrero. It's only fitting that he takes Eddie's place on the Survivor Series team and carries on the Guerrero legacy.

• Members

I'm so saddened by this. This is truly a tragedy. I believe he may have been on borrowed time to get his house in order.

You'll be missed Eddie!

R.I.P Latino Heat!

More info:

Eddie Guerrero was found this morning with his toothbrush in his mouth on the bathroom floor. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. The belief among those within WWE is that he had a heart failure. PWTorch.com reports that shortly after Guerrero's body was removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero all visited the hotel room to say their final goodbyes. Many WWE staffers were visibly shaken by this as they left the hotel and headed for the arena.

• Members

Chris Candido

The Von Erichs

Gino Hernandez

Road Warrior Hawk

Curt Hennig

The lsit goes on and on. They have no health care, no retirement plan, nothing. The only ones that make really ggod money are the top stars, and Vince McMahon and his family. It's a shame.

• Members

The WWE taped a 4 hour tribute show to Eddy last night in Minnesota. They had the wrestler wearing his "Who's Your Daddy" shirts and various commentary tributes to and about his life throughout the taping of the show. His nephew came out and wrestled. Chavo won the match with his uncles "Three Amigos combo" and "Frog Splash" I also read he'd just bought a new house in Arizona he and his family was suppose to move into this week.

Archived