DAYS: July 4th

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There seems to be some real chemistry between the real Philip & Belle.

I still can't get used to Marlena with John. That's what made me shut the show off several times in the past.

At least Roman, this Roman, has Anna again, which could make for a very interesting story with Tony.

Any Stephanie of this version is still way too much Stephanie.

I kind of like the idea of Adrienne owning that bar. It's a shout out to the working class. It just works on so many levels.

I've decided I do like this Jeremy and he's a real hottie. But that whole set surrounding him is annoying as all get-out. Not just slut Stephanie (though Jeremy is being written as a huge slut too. Probably more of one than she is.)

I like Jett. I don't like Nick. Chelsea alternately annoys me or I can tolerate her depending on what's going on. If she's anywhere near Stephanie the annoying part goes way way up.

The interaction between Steve & Adrienne was priceless. So were Alice's interactions with Jeremy and the babies. Great memories that can build the show.

But they really have to do something about the Stephanie problem.

And it was great seeing Kayla interact with Hope again. These 2 need a lot more airtime and those horrors Stephanie and her party-mad silly friends need to go away. Surely the show can find more suitable love interests for Jeremy & Jett than that crew. I have to admit I couldn't get to figure out Danielle amidst all that Valley Girl nonsense.

I hope they keep Doug & Julie around and not let it be a short-lived visit. They add needed stability and a firm feeling of family the show desperately needs. And they need to give Maggie & Caroline a lot more airtime too.

• Members

It was wonderful to see Mrs. H again. I agree. She definitely looked stronger and more alert. She and Jeremy had chemistry as great-gran and great-grandson. It just dawned on me that Maggie would be his step-grandmother LOL. She needs to be the one to straighten him out. My mother is 94 and her oldest great grandchild is only 13. This is stretching it a bit, I think.

Loved Bo and Max. The actors look enough alike to be real brothers. I started thinking about how Bo and Hope had electric chemistry the moment they met and wished Days would find an actress with that effect for Max. It would be delightful to have a young couple to love and watch grow like it was (and is) with Bo and Hope.

I enjoy Philip and Belle but Shawn is just a damper who irritates me to death, figuratively speaking. How on earth could Bo and Hope have such a dunce for a child. I did enjoy that he asked Max for a job. That is sort of reasonable, but I'd much rather he go back to get his law degree.

Of course, I turned the channel the second I saw the fawning of Marlena and John. Thankfully that must have been very brief as when I'd turn back, it was already off them.

• Webmaster

Anyone else find Sami (by which I mean Alison Sweeney) in a nun's uniform funny? I know Sweeney is Colleen, but I can't help but forget that she resembles Sami and Sami was a world class bitch and did the devil's work (at times) to get her way.

• Members

I loved the show today. There were so many family interactions. I know we can't have this many people on every show, but I think the show needs this every so often. It adds such a sense of family and reality to the show. Loved Alice's interaction with Jeremy. It is like she still has her inituition firmly in place. For the first time, I felt like maybe I could like Jeremy down the road. Also enjoyed Hope/Kayla, Bo/Max, Belle/Marlena, Bo/Marlena, Hope/Caroline, etc. Like I said before, If they will keep the vets involved in the young people's storylines, then they will be worth watching.

I also don't share the hate that some have for Stephanie. I see a young woman who has lost her way. I don't think she is going to stay this way. I'm looking forward to her redemption. I think this actress can handle it.

• Members

I saw this episode yesterday and thought it was pretty well done. I FF through the teen scene but everything else was worth watching, IMO. Even the nauseating John & Marlena scenes.

TPTB are really pushing the Belle/Philip idea..although I'm not sure if they're trying to make Philip out to be some creep or just keeping his bad side intact...I'm hoping it's the latter.

I still can't figure out how Shawn is Bo & Hope's son. He acts like a 3-year-old most of the time.

I enjoyed the scenes between Bo & Max. I had no idea they were brothers.

• Members

Today was really good.

The young cast was so good the past few days IMO. They are much better around the older cast. I liked Steve taking Adrienne's advice. The Justin mention has me excited. I like Danielle too and the actress. Nick is acting like an ass and Jett is looking much better in my eyes in regards to Chelsea. Loved the Bo/Max stuff and Shawn asking to go back to the garage. Good seeing Lexie and her acknowledging Jett. Jett's scene with Bo was good too.

The picnic was so good. Loved the interactions. Frances looks fantastic!! She looks so much better then she did at Christmas and she was sharp with her lines. I loved her scenes with Ciara and Claire. Just beautiful. Her scene with Jeremy were great. I wish we had scenes with him and his family sooner. I loved her telling him to behave. Jeremy was alot better today with Steve and Alice. Perhaps Donovon raised his game for the vets? :lol: I also liked how the cast acknowledged her long absence and greeted her like someone who has been away. Loved the scenes.

Great having my Kayla home and loved her going to get her dad. J&M bugged me today but their fans love this stuff so let them have it to be happy. I liked Belle walking and finding them. I love this Philip/Belle/Shawn triangle and loved the cliffhanger with Philip at the end. I am glad they gave us one cliffhanger. The episode was so good I don't care about the cliffhanger so much but I liked having one, even if it was minor.

Loved the picture ending too. Just a classic Days family episode. Bring on Monday!! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived