GH: Kate Howard

• Members

Is anyone else LOVING Kate Howard/Connie Falconeri? I was skeptical at first when I read they were bringing on a new woman from Sonny's past, but I think the writers and producers have struck gold with Megan Ward and her portrayal of Kate. The wistful, dreamy conversations she's had with her first love Sonny along with her hilarious antics with Carly and the demon spawn children are great, and yesterday's episode with her and Sonny discussing his line of work was sparkling with chemistry. I also like that they didn't thrust her into a front burner storyline right away. We're seeing a strong, independent woman in Kate Howard and I can't get enough of her!

Come to think of it, GH has been hitting the right notes with all its new characters this year. Cooper and Logan are both clearly defined young guys with real personalities; Amelia's a fabulously vindictive witch; Jerry Jacks (yes, I know he's a returning character but they clearly did a 180 on him) is the best villain in years; and Spinelli, is well, Spinelli.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sonny needs Kate. Their being past/fast friends is going to drive Carly nuts and that is a big plus. Instead of keeping them friends who knew each other "when", however, TIIC will most likely have them sleep together thus ending a great relationship.

• Members

H I have thought has had a pretty consistent year. Their current storylines actually are somewhat interesting and the majority of the new characters introduced have been written well. Cooper makes Maxie at least tolerable so therefore he has been a success :lol:

• Members

I like her too, and I also hate Sonny. I used to love him with Brenda in the early days, so this is a rare moment for me. Kate has been introduced just right, not shoved down our throats. The same with Cooper and Logan. I love Spinelli as well.

I think the show should offer the actress who plays Amelia a contract right away. She has been excellent, and she brings so much to the role. She could easily be one note, but she plays everything so well. Jason is oddly comfortable with her too. I really enjoy her!

• Members

My favorite part about all these new characters is that they are all three dimensional. Look at Amelia - this could have been the most eye-rollingly silly portrayal of a soap psycho ever but she's written and performed beautifully. Same with Cooper and Logan - one's a cop, one's a thug but there's so much more to it.

Archived