AMC: Do you think the new head writers will turn AMC around?

• Members

Though I was nver crazy about Burke I don't think she would have allowed so many talented people go (Edmund, Marian, Opal, Brooke, Dixie, David) which have left huge gaps from which I don't know the show can recover from. Burke was involved with AMC since, I believe, the beginning. I don't think JHC has that same connection and she's well, evil.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree (but, of course, that's why I enjoy you, Gio! :lol: ). Burke was a director in the 80s, I believe, and worked her way up the production ranks (she was senior supervising producer under Francesca James/Lorraine Broderick era). She still sucked, but she at least had some connection to the show. I always found her to be kind of clueless. Like, if McTavish, Passanante, et al ran a ludicrous idea past her, she'd just be like, "Yeah, that sounds great! Tee hee hee!" :mellow:

JHC, on the other hand, had been at GH and Port Charles for most of the 1990s. She has no real history with OUR AMC.

I remember in an interview after she got the job, she said one of the first things she was going to do with the bigger budget at AMC ( as opposed to PC's smaller one) was fix the lighting.

Are you serious?

Granted, the lighting on AMC had gotten bad (I do agree with her that the show had gotten too "yellow"), but production values were the LEAST of the show's problems. And by the looks of it, she's done a piss poor job all around with the cheap looking production values. AMC used to look so lush in the mid 1990s under Francesca James. Now, it looks like the sets are just slapped together. Whoever approved the redesign of the Chandler Mansion deserves to be shot.

Zach and Thorsten are right -- that's an UGLY house!

• Members

Well and one is better then JHC. She just sucks. I do not like this women. She agreed to let go many of our favorite vets.

I loved Agnes as a head writer. she did a wonderful job! The stories were so good that it kept me glued to the T.V. Set.

• Members

My mom used to say that if she cut me, she was sure I'd bleed AMC. Hard to believe that seems to make me one of the "haters" around here. :( Megan gave me my favorite ever couple, twice. Twice. And I still lead the way to help free AMC of her. I gave up a writer who wrote my couple with dignity, something that only AN had ever done, because I love/d this show with all I have.

I'm sorry if my unwillingness to trust B&E blindly is a problem. B&E have to prove themselves to me. And they're not going to do that with talk. They're not going to do that by telling me that Megan was a hack. Yeah, no [!@#$%^&*]. They're not going to win me over by making fun of Megan's plots and outlandish [!@#$%^&*], when they have aliens, clones and vampires in their backgrounds. It's like my dad always tells my little brother: Sh*t or get off the pot.

B&E have the talent to be what AMC needs, I do believe that. But that doesn't mean I'm going to trust them to do it. AMC has seen a few talented people go through it, who messed things up beyond belief.

I hope they are what everyone wants them to be. My greatest hope is that they can give me a storyline that makes me curious enough to watch despite Josh. Something with depth. Something with heart, feeling, emotion. Something that doesn't turn out to be ratings grabber, or a plot point. THere's always hope, right? :)

• Members

I really have high hopes because they have their first major plot. Agian many people look by their past. I will not do that with them because I have faith. As a AMC viewer I have the faith because AMC was great back in the 90's. I really do hope that AMC can bounce back to their slump. AMC is ok right now. Not bad but not great. It just goes up and then down. We need a storyline that is going to effect the residents of Pine Valley and have emotion, DRAMA, love, friendship, Hate. If they can write a story that involves all of that AMC will be in good shape.

• Members

Bellcurve, LMAO!!!! :lol: You tell it like it is!!!

I understand what you are saying though. It is a problem when some fans are more concerned about keeping a pairing together than the overall quality of the show and the writing. AMC is very stale and stagnant to me right now. It needs to be shaken up. Drama, angst, and change have to occur on this show or it will never get better. It is so predictable because I know certain pairings aren't going to be broken up or are going to happen again so why should I bother even watching the show. I know a certain fanbase pretty much controls AMC and the storylines for that pairing. Whatever is demanded on the web happens. How boring is that??? I can't be the only one that feels that way judging by AMC's continuing slide in the ratings.

I had hoped the new writers would realize this and come in and really shake things up. I am happy that they are going to bring in more minorities and write better for the teens but what about the rest of the show?? Them featuring Greenlee so heavily in this upcoming storyline might just kill AMC. Where are the statements saying we want to bring back vets and give them strong storylines???

I really hope these new writers can turn AMC around because the show can't afford any more mistakes. They are tied with Days in the ratings and look at what length Days is going to bring back viewers with very little payoff. I don't see AMC going to those drastic lengths when they really need to. I don't sense the urgency needed by this show to get it in good shape.

• Members

^

Yup I tottaly agree. DAYS are trying to get their ratings back. AMC is doing, what, NOTHING! I love AMC and I will always will because I am a huge fan! I am never going to give up on AMC no matter how bad or good they are. I just hope the B&E can write great stories, get back our vets and bring minorites.

• Members

No I don't blame anyone for being worried. But geesh, at least give these people a chance. I mean Hogan was touted as Days' savior and *gasp* the ratings have never been lower for that show LMFAO

Oh what the hell ever. I'll post what I want, and if you don't like it too damn bad. Yes I care about Zendall, the show hasn't given me anything else to care about right now, but it doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid.

Archived