DAYS: Thursday, June 14...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's why I say it was her best. This one scene showed Lexie as an ANIMAL and all it took was one person she recognized, one face and voice that she knew to break through this wall she has built for herself over these past few months of what I can imagine must have been hellish solitude and torture. She went from one extreme to the other. I'm not sure that can be said for he rother scenes. Her DiMera era was easily some of her best stuff before, but this stuff really felt more true to me, it was more personal, more about the character. And I loved it.

• Members

That's true Keith. 2002 was her big breakthrough so I think that is why I tend to say it still is her best. The way Hope was able to bring her back and the way she went from wild to subdued and almost confused...it was brilliance. Days has one of their best actresses back and I couldn't be happier.

• Members

Eee, Bo just got smacked upside the head. Really enjoying Bo, Hope, Julie & Doug as well as Steve and Adrienne. I guess one good thing about Kayla being away for a bit is more screen time for Adrienne so that Steve has someone to sound off on. Looking forward to some Marlena, Steffy, or Tony scenes though..

• Members

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Loved Lexie's return so much! Loved the sound effects as weird as they were. Loved the attack on Hope and Julie freaking out and then police officer Hope closing in when they ripped off her mask. And Renee Jones killed this scene. All of it.

As for the other stuff... I still thought the Claire saga was just as zzzzzzzzzzzzz and tedious as usual until the VERY END with the smack and the bitch I woke up. If only they had Belle smack people at the beginning of the episode rather than the end then maybe I could stay awake for the Claire scenes throughout the whole show. Steve and Adrienne were fun to watch. Although as someone who has never seen Steve-Adrienne in their original run there was something about that scene where the chemistry between them didn't seem totally brother-sister to me. Maybe that was just because Adrienne was so good playing Kayla though. LOL.

And whaddya know they ended with a fadeout of Hope after she thought Bo was dead rather than a freeze frame on her face for all you special effects haters. Too bad Marlena's wearing that damn barette again in tomorrow's show. But I'm so psyched to see Stefano meet with them at the pub. Can't ever remember a scene with Stefano visiting the pub before.

• Members

Days was on an hour earlier here because of Golf and I missed the first half..... I don't remember seeing anything during the show yesterday saying the show would be on earlier, even though the golf thing was mentioned here........

Guess I'll catch the first half later on SN......

• Members

Great show. It just kills me to know that the ratings are going to be all screwed up because of the golf! In Chicago DAYS is on an hour earlier today and tomorrow, but I guess that's better than being shifted to an overnight time slot.

Excellent return for Lexie. KA did a great job with those scenes, too; especially the look on her face when Lexie said Bo was dead. I know Julie and Doug have a tendency to be a little over the top, but I just love them so much and really enjoy having them in these scenes this week. LOL when Julie was going to take on the masked crazy! I can't believe Bill Hayes is in his 80s; he handled those action scenes real well.

I did not hate Belle/Shawn/Philip today. Belle got her turn slapping someone--YAY! She did a good job showing the anger, fear and desperation of someone whose child has been stolen. As a mother, I can't even imagine that happening to a child of mine. I know Shawn is often played as stupid and clueless, but I understand his feelings in this situation with the living arrangements. They can include Philip in Claire's life without everyone living together in the K mansion. I still don't trust Philip and Shawn is being smart to not trust him 100% either. And even though it has been said Victor is out of town, he won't be gone forever and when he returns that will cause even more tension. Shawn is willing to borrow money from his parents to bury Willow; he needs to borrow some more to provide a home for his family. Or ask John and Marlena for help. For that matter, what happened to Belle's loft? John owns it, right? Move back there.

The only time I can stand Stephanie is when she is in scenes with Steve. Good stuff today, and I liked Adrienne pretending to be Kayla. Very cute. Very true, also. Steve came on too strong, but I can't fault him for that because Jeremy is such a huge jerk that he brings out a very strong reaction in people. I'm very curious what he's up to because I know it's going to be something really bad. Notice how Stephanie pointed out to her dad that he's not a terrorist? A clue perhaps?

Counting down hours until tomorrow's show!

• Members

So much to love about today's episode!

Wild animal Lexie totally rocked, although I must be the only one that found the sounds coming up from the cellar laughable instead of creepy. Was Lexie really supposed to be making those obviously technologically-enhanced wails by herself? Just no way. Other than that, loved the Lexie stuff. Julie was great when Lexie tried to attack her, "Don't even try it!" Go, Julie :) Can't wait to find out what she's been through. Was she just locked down there all this time or has she been tortured too?

Stephanie's still an annoying little twit but at least a few cracks are starting to show through all the slutty bravado. I loved, loved, LOVED the Steve and Adrienne stuff. Adrienne's breathy voice and hand to her chest when she was being Kayla was hilarious and Steve's total amusement with the whole thing just made me smile. I think Judy Evans is doing a phenomenal job showing a grown-up Adrienne as a former low-class, blue collar type who married into money. She's got a whole earthy with monied polish vibe going on. I like it. LOVED Steve's evil laugh right before he hugged her after she said Jeremy's an ass. So glad he's got some family on the show now.

And the phone sex... how do I love the phone sex? Okay, so they didn't show it to us, but the man gets up from the couch, moves to the end to lean back, pulls one leg up on the cushions, leaves one down on the floor, gets himself all "accessible" and then says "what are you wearing?" They were so about to have phone sex.

The Shellip stuff was just okay for me until the end. But bitch-slappin' Belle, I like!

• Members

First off the Steve and Adrienne scenes were wonderful...SN and Judi Evans play so well off each other, i loved when Adrienne was acting out what Kayla would have done...Too cute...And for the first time today i really enjoyed Stephanie...I would rather have Stephanie acting out like a brat and a little slutty, than the little angel who wanted her parents back together, that she was under Shayna Rose.. Stephanie grew up thinking her father had been murdered...then gets him back and he first had amnesia and then was under mind-control.. No wonder she's screwed up..

Belle, Phillip, and Shawn---what a great story Belle thought up to get the kidnapper to return..Love this feisty side of Belle..and the slap rocked.. The beauty pageant twist sounded lame in the spoilers, but I have to say that it played out much better on screen..I actually liked the twist..obviously the lady wanted to make some quick cash...and the fact that its wrapped up quickly is a nice touch too..With JER, Claire would have been missing for months...

The scene when Lexie hit Bo over the head, and we heard the loud thump was crazy..I loved the way they played that out...and KA was great acting all frantic...Its been so nice having Doug and Julie back...I like them so much better when they get meaty material to do, as opposed to just popping in for one christmas episode..And the final scenes were awesome...I was very excited to see Lexie, and RJ rocked those scenes..The ending with her saying bo was dead was very cryptic..

• Members

Well, I'll agree with those who said this was the performance of RJ's career. I was laughing a little at the unmasking, though. The mask didn't cover that much of her face. Obviously Hope wasn't expecting it to be Lexie, but still...

• Members

but this new Stephanie chick is grating on my last nerve. My students at work, never whined as much as she did during this last school year. I wish her Aunt Adrienne would have just layed the smackdown on her right """>>>

Absolutely. All that and more.

Stephanie only gets more annoying every time she's on.

I simply cannot believe what's going on nor can I stand it at all.

Otherwise, Adrienne is fabulous. I love having her back. I love Doug & Julie and seeing Hope & Bo back on more.

The weird sound effects when Bo, Hope, Doug & Julie were looking down were also pretty peculiar.

• Members

Another excellent day of watching Days. I think RJ is the best actress on Days and also the most beautiful. She showed off both of those in today's show. Who could look so lovely in such a predicament? Excellent job....but also excellent for Bo and Hope, Doug and Julie.

Thank heaven there is no Stephanie in my house. This girl behaves like a 15 year old instead of a 20+, been on her own, professional racecar driver/winner girl. Stupid writing for her and even worse acting. But, it will be fun to see them win Steph and how Jeremy reacts to it all.

Loved Philip and Belle, especially Belle today. Thankfully, this saga is about played out.

Also, seeing Stefano in Shawn and Caroline's pub was a shock. I don't remember ever seeing him there in the past and I just hope that S&C knew he would be there instead of just walking in and seeing him...if I was shocked LOL, how would they feel.

• Members

It's the touching thing JE does with SN! She was playing with the ends of his hair when they were sitting on the couch! She did that alot in her first run as Adrianne. I always used to fanwank it's because she didn't grow up with him, so she touched him alot because she didn't believe he was really there! It was better than thinking it was because she thought he was so HOT! Which, he is. So. So. HOT!

Loved the fade out. Wish they did it every day! Hate the barette! Your not a schoolgirl Marlena, no matter how hard you try.

• Members

I have always thought Renee Jones was one of DAYS best actors period and today she proved why. In one scene she showed so many different emotions. I think she played hardball with Corday in coming back, so hopefully she will go evil again or at least get a good SL. I just want her away from boring ass Abe. I would be all for EJ and Lexie or Jett and Lexie, but they are related. How creepy and manic was Lexie, I just had to crack up though when no one recognized who she was through that mask. Anyone in their right mind could tell it was Lexie. I literally yelled when Julie went after Lexie and said don't you dare. I wish SSH would be a constant on the show, I like her even though she acts over the top a little too often.

The acting has been top notch, outside of that guy who plays Jeremy, and today JE and SN rocked their scenes. I was laughing the whole time Adrienne was mocking how Kayla would have dealt with the situation. I know Stephanie is written like a brat, but the actress IMO is knocking the material out of the park. She plays the part well, even if her character is annoying. That is not easy to do(too bad Annie Burgstede couldnt do the same).

I can't even imagine Kirsten Storms or Jason Cook playing Shelle anymore. Brandon Beemer and especially Martha Madison are so much better. I wish Belle showed more of this edgy, bitchy attitude. I was really into the scenes at the end. I rewound my tape 3 times to watch Belle slap that child stealing mom and to also watch the end with Lexie telling Hope, Bo is dead.

The previews rocked for tomorrow, excluding Deidre's hair clip. Deidre people a year away from 60 don't wear those! I just can't wait to see Stefano and Marlena in a scene together.

Archived