Sweeps Ratings Are the Rosiest In View's History

ljacks13

• Members

It's called going out with a bang. The View last month averaged an audience of 1 million women 18-to-49, the show's highest May sweeps delivery in that demo in its 10-year history and the first May sweeps the talker has ranked among the top five daytime shows. In total viewers, The View averaged 3.8 mil, an increase of 27 percent versus May '06. Since Rosie's departure, the show's most significant milestone is that some people recall what channel it is on.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV...siest/800016310

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You have to give Elizabeth some credit. I am sure the ratings will go down without the blow hard, but if it was not for Elizabeth actually taking on Rosie, there would be no fight, meaning no reason to watch. Unless you want to watch that worthless P.O.S. Rosie accuse her own country of 9-11 all over again....

• Members

I don't believe Rosie ever accused Bush of allowing 9/11 to happen to justify an invasion into Iraq. If she criticized his lack of motivation to prevent 9/11, then she has a case since it is proven he did not read the August 6th PDB warning of an attack in the country.

And now Bush has turned into a bigger terrorist than Bin Laden...Just my opinion but I don't want this thread getting all political so I will end it here :)

• Members

I never had any problem with Rosie's views, in fact, I tend to side with her on a lot of things including her radical conspiracy theories on government coverups. It's the execution of her views that is a major turnoff. She resorts to bully-like tactics to get people to see her POV and is demanding, pushy, and very confrontational. And when met with her match, she cries victim or hide like(using her words) a coward.

I give Elisabeth credit for standing up to Rosie, because Rosie thought that no one would really stand up to her live on the air. FOX NEWS, although they were extreme on saying what they said about Rosie, I can certainly understand where they would draw the link or "spin" what she said. Is it right if Rosie disagrees? NO. But she shouldn't use Elisabeth to try and clarify what FOX NEWS said.

I bet Tom Selleck is somewhere smiling right now.

• Members

"Question Authority" is a very PRO-American message. If the founding fathers hadn't done so, we'd still have a King!

You can give someone the benefit of the doubt while still questioning authority. What's un-American is to say, "I trust the King's stamp tax and I'm not gonna think about it."

Anyway, I hate to defend Rosie O'Donnell because I think she's nuts, but she never accused the government of destroying the Twin Towers. She knows that was terrorists. She wonders if perhaps the government demolished 7 WTC. I don't think they did, but that's what she actually said.

Archived