ALL: Temp Recasts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I heard nothing but good things when Chris Beetem (ex-Jordan, ATWT) took over for a character temporarily on some ABC soap.

I also HATED Christina Chambers. They recast her as "Molly" on ATWT once Lesli Kay left the role. C.C. only assumed the role, though, until they could write the character off, I do believe. I refuse to believe they thought they were gonna leave her with us. :P I woulda cried. :lol:

• Members

Cheap21 OLTL is clipped on the www.something-more.net website, you have to sign up as a member though.

I actually also enjoyed Sofia Landon as Donna on AW, I don't always do well with recasts and I more or less adore Anna Stuart as Donna, but she was pretty good ... was she writing back then?

• Members

Yeah, I love Anna Stuart as well, but I was very pleasantly surprised by Landon's Donna. SOOO much better than Philece Sampler!

I think Landon ended up writing for AW the last few years of the show. I only wish she were still writing for DAYS!!

• Members

AMC had two horrible ones back in 2002 and 2003. Mark Conseulos was gone for most of the second half of 2002, so they got Kurt Caceras (I think he's done other things, not sure) to replace him. HATED HIM. HATED! HIM! And this was around the time that Maria first came back at the bucket of Santoses all hated Brooke, so to see this jerk-off who looked NOTHING like the real Mateo screaming at my Brooke...I was pissed.

And then in 2003 (or maybe 2004), Aiden Turner had to leave for a while and he was replaced by a guy named Tom Archdeacon. So. Wooden. My god, was he wooden! I believe Aidan was paired with Mia at the time, so we got the joy of seeing him play romantic lead for a while. WOODEN!

On the other hand, two of the best temps I've seen were Portia Reiners (temped for Leven Rambin as Lily on AMC) and Scott Porter (temped for Zach Roerig as Casey on ATWT). Scott Porter then went on to star in the best primetime show on the air right now, "Friday Night Lights."

• Members

I agree with Christine Jones as the temp Viki, though Slezak's maternity leave was more than a 'few' years ago. Like OLTL was so impressed with CJ that they created the role of Pam for her after subbing, Kevin Bernhardt was so good as the temp Frisco on GH that the show created the role of Kevin O'Connor for him.

• Members

BEST:

Kam Heskin as Sheridan

Nick Stabile as Fox

Michelle Holgate as Jessica

Rib Hillis as Ethan

WORST:

Priscilla Garita as Theresa

Gina Marie May as Kay

Shannon Sturges as Sheridan

Whoever filled in as Tabitha last summer

• Members

BEST:

-Sydney Penny(Meg), SUNSET BEACH

-Priscilla Garita(Theresa), PASSIONS

-Cynthia Watros(Vicky), ANOTHER WORLD

Can anyone rate Catherine Hickland's performance as B&B's Brooke? How was she?! I heard she didn't even want to do it until Bill Bell personally called her and asked her to do it.

Archived