ATWT: More information on the Branson location shoot

• Members

http://www.bransondailynews.com/story.php?storyID=3851

Soap’s slate announced

By Brandon Cone

BDN Staff Writer

[email protected]

CBS Daytime executives, crews and actors now know where they will be going when they come to Branson next month.

Ann Reinke, account executive with Concept Marketing, Inc. of Branson, the company responsible for bringing the drama “As the World Turns” to Branson, announced on Monday that the show would be filming its three to five episodes in several locations around the Tri-Lakes Area.

“What we know right now is that there will be some filming done at Grand Country Square one morning, Silver Dollar City one afternoon and at Andy Williams’ theater one night,” Reinke said. “There will also be a scene filmed at the Branson Police Department and in downtown Branson.”

The filming is scheduled for June 6-8, with the episodes set to air in July.

According to a press release from CBS, characters Gwen and Will Munson (played by Jennifer Landon and Jesse Lee Soffer) and their friend, Maddie Coleman (Alexandra Chando), will travel to the “Live Music Show Capitol of the World” to further Gwen’s musical career. Another of the show’s characters, Jade Taylor (Elena Goode), a rival of Gwen’s, will follow the trio to Branson “to stir up trouble.”

Reinke said CBS recently announced that two of the show’s other stars will also be making the trip to Branson for filming. They are Van Hansis, who plays Luke Snyder, and Jake Silbermann, who plays the character Noah Mayer.

Reinke said the area’s outdoors will also be featured heavily in the series of episodes.

“They will also be filming somewhere along the Branson Scenic Railway, and another outdoor location, which they are not sure of, yet,” Reinke said.

“As The World Turns” is set in the fictional town of Oakdale, Ill., and premiered on CBS in 1956. It is produced by Proctor & Gamble Inc.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh...not only does this blow an entire story I had built in my head...but WTF???? Why are they isolating a group of TEENS in Branson? What is this...The Slasher Two: Gone Country? It's one thing to do a summer story ripping off Slasher movies...do the TIIC think teens are going to tune in to a bad Family Vacation rip-off?

This is STUPID.

• Members

I don't really think this is going to be anything like the slasher storyline, at least I hope not anyway. A few things have popped into my head and a few other's also about the Luke and Noah stuff, a few of us are thinking that Luke may find out that Noah is Gay when they are in Branson. As for the Gwen/Maddie/Jade/Will/Cleo stuff that should all be about her singing. Plus this should only be on air for about a week so it should not be on for all to long.

Also another poster read that Noah is from a town like two hours from Branson so that might have something also to do with why Luke and Noah are going.

• Members

Oh, I was just being sarcastic about the Slasher thing. I just have visions of the College Tour running through my head...and I had real hopes Carly and Jack were going to this thing, and it would be the end of seeing Cleo. Now I have to fear Cleo will be sticking around, which bums me out. I don't want a prolonged duo role story for Jen Landon.

Archived