• Members

Ew, God, I know! That's their idea of a hairdo? Just yanking a handful back and clipping it? They call that a dressy 'do?

And what's up with the hideous outfit? Such a bland color... I thought Marlena was done with her boring wardrobe of yesteryear?! And whoever did her makeup should be fired.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FANTASTIC episode!

Yesterday and today were the first time I have watched in a couple weeks. And it was so great and refreshing to see VETS! We got to see Marlena, Shawn Sr., Caroline, Maggie, Hope, Bo, Kate, Steve, Kayla, Sami, and Lucas! Some of those we see normally but still VETS!

New Stephanie....first time I saw her and she is totally different then Shayna's! Shayna's Stephanie was never THIS Stephanie!

Lumi was fantastic...first time I've enjoyed them in awhile!

S&K was enjoyable too! LOVED everything and so glad to see Steve out of that mental ward. :D

• Members

I'm also a little annoyed that we didn't get the gifts given to Sami today. They should all have been given before the wedding. I thought Sami looked amazingly beautiful but I still think her hairstyle was just too severe. Something softer would have worked better, I thought.

Loved the S&K stuff, mainly because the story's still moving, after 3 months of spinning its wheels. I had to laugh out loud when Steve went from zero to horny in 3.5 seconds *G* That's my Steve. And yowser, that kiss. Those two could give lessons! (And I didn't even have to hit mute). I'm also really digging his longer-haired scruffy look. That works on him. He can trim (or shave) the beard any time though. Oh, and while I'm on looks, thank god they finally put Kayla in something cute! That pink cami looks awesome on her.

I would like Willow more if she wasn't such a psycopath. I mean, she's starting to convince me she had nothing to do with the fire! When she gets all self-righteous about the hair brush I have to keep reminding myself that she's the one who started the fire.

I'm not loving what they're doing with nuStephanie. I get that they're working the "acting out" angle but "bitchy slut" doesn't really work for her. At least not the Stephanie they initially established. She had a lot of empathy for others and would never have made that crack to Nick about never getting another hot girl.

• Members

The giving out of the gifts is part of what makes you ANTICIPATE the upcoming wedding. It's not something that should be done after the fact... because at that point, nobody cares. JMO. :)

• Members

Here's a sneak peek at one of Sami's upcoming gifts...

something_new.jpg

What a ripoff! The gift of TRADITION? I'd be asking for a refund, ASAP! LoL

Anyway, I really hope that's not how Sami's ornament is going to look, because if so... ugly! Ugly, ugly! This is Sami Brady we're talking about, damn it. She needs something special.

• Members

I was so excited watching today's show, partly because I have managed to completely avoid spoilers for the wedding so I have no idea what is going to happen. The wedding is visually stunning--although I'm not completely loving Sami's hair, she looks beautiful. The music is wonderful, the vets are back...Shawn and Caroline are there! One teensy problem I have is that because Lucas won't let Sami tell him her secret, she is stressed and nervous about EJ and Kate ruining things and she's not able to just relax and enjoy her wedding. I'm getting a little suspicious that Lucas may know something we don't know he knows, and if that's the case and he lets Sami go through this wedding worried and upset I am going to be very upset with him!

I liked the Steve and Kayla scenes; they were very dramatic and at times very romantic. Marlena's line about staying with Kayla bothered me, too, but I'm going to overlook it as one of those things people say to be nice and yet don't really mean. SN and MBE are doing a great job, and today I felt some of their old magic again. I like how he's been calling her "Sweetness". That always melts me a little inside.

I wanted Billie to rip out Willow's hair today. Loved how Billie defended Chelsea and then after Willow left, gave Chelsea the third degreee. And Chelsea was nice to Nick! I'm confused by the Max/Stephanie flirtation as I thought that was over and done with, and I'm tired of everyone raving about Stephanie's "makeover" but no one seems to care that her personality has done a 180. Will taking pictures of Steph's cleavage was kind of yucky. But that's minor stuff compared to the greatness of most of the episode.

I'm wondering why the TV screen is at Chez Rouge. Maybe the gifts were presented to Sami before the wedding and it was videotaped and will be shown at the reception?

I can't wait for the rest of the week.

• Members

I agree with what you said earlier. Spoiler free has helped. The wedding was nice. I don't know, I thought Marlena looked amazing. Or is it just not seeing her so much. I also thought it dumb that she rushed to help Kayla, ditto for Roman being out, but the show was good nonetheless.

• Members

Exactly. They won't give her the real one until Christmas. It looks like they made the gifts fit with the theme a bit. I have been thinking about it and Sami is very superstitious so mayeb she decided to balk on convention this time. She did let Lucas see her before the wedding, she isn't wearing a veil, she is getting the gifts after the ceremony, etc. Maybe it's her way of trying to reverse her wedding curse. It makes me mad but, if they had presented the gifts online as just regular wedding gifts, I would've been cool. They said they were something borrowed and so on and that is what annoys me. Most of us here are annoyed but it didn't ruin the episode for us. However, we all know the rabid fanbashers will turn this into a bigger deal just like the comfortable incident :lol: .

I also liked the camera angles and how they panned on Marlena's reaction to Sami at the altar and the way it panned around at the end around the whole church and then showed Kate. We looked at everything through Sami's eyes and I loved it.

• Members

Am not a fan of Marlena's dress. Nice color and Deidre's gorgeous as always. But where's the dress? NO ONE does glamour like this lady! Show her off!

Helping a friend won't get her jail. Helping her sought after kidnapper daughter and father of granddaughter will. Being in jail will a) suck and B) her husband's in a coma.

• Members

Spoiler free here as well. I wish that John, Bo, Kayla and some of Sami's other family members were at the wedding. Maybe a brief mention of her twin Eric would be nice. But other than that, I have no complaints about the wedding. At this point, I'm just glad that it's happening. I'm very grateful to the show that they're finally letting Lumi get married. It just took a little over 10 years for us diehards to finally get what we wanted. Patience and persistence wins in the end at Days!!

Sami is about to be a married lady now!! :)

YEAH!!! :D

• Members

My only complaint about the wedding is also that they didn't have a scene in the bride's room with Sami, Marlena, Chelsea, Caroline, and Hope giving Sami her gifts. That is the type of scene that us long time viewers love to see. I also wish they had wrapped up the Shawn and Belle story so they could have been here for the wedding. February and March could have been used to move that story along so that they would have been back in town.

• Members

LoL! The guy asking everyone to "speak now or forever hold your peace." Everyone looks around at one another, with uncomfortable looks on their faces. Billie's expression was hysterical! Her eyes shooting back and forth, surveying the room. Absolutely hysterical!

Archived