• Members

ITA. It's smart that he's staggering the big moments instead of cramming them all into one ep. The latter has been a mechanical flaw in Hogan's writing up until now. Better to have five consistently exciting eps in a week than one AMAZING ep. and the rest filler.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And doling them out over time allows for deeper exploration of and more resonant emotional reaction to each development. Pacing, particularly of emotional moments, was the very first issue I had with Sheffer, and it's pretty much still my biggest one. Here's hoping this means a permanent improvement ... not holding my breath, but I'm hoping.

• Members

I'm at work right now and haven't read the comments but, for my new DVR's sake, it BETTER THE FREAK WORK this time. Granted, I'm new to DVRs so maybe I was the problem, but it just chose not to record three hours for three days last week. I had to stay home yesterday during lunch just to watch "Days" and "Passions"! Anyway, I'm SO looking forward to this episode after yesterday's wonderful episode.

DON'T SCREW ME UP, TECHNOLOGY!!

• Members

No, I've known since day one that girl had problems but I hate that they seem to be writing as she didn't do it and she is an innocent victim.

I just realized that Sami is wearing a pearl necklace - I assumed it would be the one Marlena gave her if that was her winning gift.

• Members

I think with Willow Sheffer is trying to work the privileged/unprivileged contrast between her and the Bradys. He also tried to give resonance to Duck's going loco in the Shelle island story by bringing up his past experiences as a marine and how they affected his mental state. I think the decisions are interesting. In Duck's case it felt a little "PSA" the way it came off, but I do recognize it's more than JER would've done. In Willow's case I think she will not be seen exactly as the innocent in the end, but had she been staying on I'd say that it's possible that Sheffer would've tried to incorporate her into the cast in such a way that implies a redemption that really didn't play out onscreen -- aka, he'd emphasize her unfortunate situations without holding her accountable.

I don't know, I think it's interesting, I do think Sheffer is trying to bring a level of social reality to the show but there always seems to be glitches in how they're pulled off.

• Members

DAYS just came on! I've been waiting all day.

Alison Sweeney looks beautiful, the dress, the hair...everything.

Christopher Gerse is so dam cringe-worthy. He's so geeky and awkward. Sigh...

It's great to see Bo and Hope again. Kristian Alfonso looks lovely, as always.

Is there anyone else getting The Exorcist vibes from the deprogramming scenes? :lol: Kayla standing outside the door, hearing the screams going on inside. A knock at the door, Kayla hurries Marlena into the house. I don't know. I just flashed back to watching Reagen and her mother with Father Crowly. HAHA! What exactly happens during deprogramming?

• Members

Who was the blonde chick just walking around Chez Rouge? She looked like she had an agenda. Billie and Maggie's scenes are cute. More realism in Salem with things going on at the reception before the wedding. Chelsea wants Billie's help, huh? I'm glad their relationship is still okay. I love their daughter/mother dynamics. "I'm not going to whistle at church!"

OH MY GOD IN HEAVEN! Is that Grandpa Shawn and Caroline Brady?! :o We haven't seen them since Christmas.

No goodbye scenes for Abby? :( We're finally getting some Max and Nick scenes. They need to become friends. My correction, Max just said that he thought they were friends. I never knew. YUCK! Chephanie (Stephanie's new name because she's acting more like Chelsea than ever) makes me sick...

• Members

Willow got sprung! :D Did I not just use those exact words a few days ago? We're soulmates... I hope Willow's not hoping Nick gets Mickey Horton to be her lawyer. He's never ever won a case. :(

A Dayton makeover? Another word for becoming a slut, I see.

Is it nightime in Salem? :blink: Outside the windows at Kayla's suite, it looks dark out. Mr. Areosmith? :lol: He must be playing Father Crowly in this remake of the 1970's classic movie.

• Members

I hate the way Chephanie has been looking at Max today. Don't go there, Hogan! That was the first thing you put a stop to when you came on. Don't backtrack! I would rather see Chephanie spoil Nick and Chelsea.

I'm not even going to lie, Deidre Hall is not looking good today and should be pissed at her stylist. Everyone else looks great and I'm pissed because Dee is usually beautiful at weddings. This wedding is just not agreeing with her.

Archived