• Members

FINALLY!! I get to start one of these!! :lol: .

To those that haven't seen this yet, you may not want to look at my thoughts if you are spoiler free.

-Good work putting Bo, Hope, Marlena, Caroline, and Shawn Sr in the 1st segment. That way fans know they are on.

-Good seeing Maggie playing the hostess with the mostess :lol: . Maggie/Billie interaction was nice and I like the little touches to the wedding.

-Loved the Billie/Willow fight. I was hoping Billie wiped that smirk off her face.

-It's funny seeing Stephanie use Max and Nick as her dates, except for the incest angle.

-Great Steve/Kayla scenes today. Good acting, especially the wrestling scene. Their passion is back full force today. The Steve deprogramming stuff was intense in the beginning but that doctor is weird. Aerosmith? :lol:

-The Lucas/Will moment was cute.

-Nice Roman/Sami and Sami/Marlena moments.

-Great gothic scene with EJ in the beginning.

Very good so far. I am disappointed Bo is leaving. I wanted him there but he heads for the island. It's cool though. At least everyone else is there. The other two problems I had was a line Marlena had with Kayla. She said she would stay with Kayla at the hotel if she needed her and HELLO!!! IT'S YOUR DAUGHTER'S WEDDING MARLENA!!! Kayla had to remind her she had a wedding to get to. The writers always seem to have Marlena come off as not caring about Sami and that isn't usually the case with Belle. I hate that but, thankfully, Marlena is at the wedding. My other issue is WHERE THE HELL ARE THE GIFTS WE VOTED ON?! Isn't she supposed to get these before the wedding? Hopefully, she gets them at some point during the wedding.

I am about to see the last two segments now. Sami trying to tell Lucas the truth again was nice. She really tried.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Will and Chelsea looked so awkward coming down the aisle :lol: .

Loved the camera angles for Sami's walk down the aisle. Getting to see her family and friends react to her. Ali is in tears and I think that is nice. I am tearing up to.

I just noticed we haven't seen Kate yet. Weird.

Steve and Kayla are about to be attacked. That was pretty creepy with the knock on the door.

Just when I say Kate wasn't there...she pops up right when Sami gets to the altar to scare the hell out of her. LOVE IT!!! Lauren looks great.

Good job to NBC on shoving a plug for the Behind the Scenes Green wedding feature on the Days site into the "Stay tuned for more Days" thing they do after the second from last segment. I like that.

• Members

Thanks Ponz.

Last segment on. I am so glad I have this on at work. I love posting livd.

Steve/Kayla stuff is creepy. The thugs pretending to be room service. Good stuff there. SN is really good today.

Ali looks gorgerous by the way.

Marlena is reading a bible verse. They are kind of rushing this wedding through. I wish Fr. Jansen was here instead of this dude. I love the music in the last scenes.

Oh the "forever hold your peace" part. Sami is scared stiff!! Cue staredown with Kate and...THERE'S EJ!!! Good ending. Previews for tomarrow look good but it looks like Kayla doesn't make it to the wedding.

Very good episode. So far it's worth the hype IMO.

• Members

Woohoo!!! The "longest awaited wedding in daytime" has arrived!!! :D

What a pleasure to finally get some Marlena/Sami interaction! I liked their sweet scene in the bride's room, seeing Marlena light up when she walked down the aisle and the reading she gave. Lucas thanking her for bringing Sami into the world was also a nice touch.

The start of the wedding was a good mix of beauty, romance & drama. For a show on a tight budget, DAYS (and the companies involved) did a pretty good job making this a visually impressive spectacle. It's a shame John couldn't be there but nice to see Shawn Sr, Caroline & Maggie (loved her mouthing "beautiful" to Sami). Bo leaving before the ceremony was annoying but no big deal.

Ali looked so beautiful in her dress. I got all choked up when Sami made eye contact with her groom.

I would have liked more focus on the bride/groom but there's the rest of the week for that. Today's ep. seemed to be more of a teaser to keep viewers tuning in for Wednesday. Great cliffhanger ending!

• Members

ICAM with your original post PhoenixRising05! Character interaction, vets, all was great.

I did not like Will focusing on Stephanie in his pictures. Aren't they related? Oh right, that doesn't matter in Salem.

Didn't like Marlena offering to stay with Kayla.

Why did Marlena offer the jet to Bo, yet didn't offer anything to Belle and Shawn.

THe walk down the aisle about made me sick, but I did like it that Sami saw her family there.

Loved Steve when he was fighting Kayla for the phone, then when they were done he asked her if she felt like making love. lol..

That wink of EJ's very subtle, but letting Sami know he was indeed there.

I almost thought that the wedding was goiong to be done in one day, don't know why I would think that, they have to drag it out more than one day.

• Members

I agree. That was lame. I mean, they were advertised as gifts given to a bride on her wedding day. Something borrowed, something blue, and so on. Giving it to her after the fact is stupid IMo. As long as she gets them, it's fine but I didn't like that at all.

I always wondered if the gifts would be later then we all thought. I mean, voting ended only a what two weeks ago? I think the voting ended right around the time they were taping these so maybe that's why. If that's the case, why not start the voting sooner?

The episode was very good so I will leave it alone I guess. It does give the rabid fanbashers something to complain about though.

On and Will being fascinated with Stephanie with the camera was funny and gross too :lol:

• Members

Today was a prime example of how basic mechanics make a difference. The storylines all suck, the emotional dramas fail to overcome the glaring logical fallacies in many cases and character development is really nothing but a tease, and YET ... simply showing so many faces did sooooo much for me today. It made things feel like less of the ghost town Salem has been for the past number of months, even if it is all centered around one event (which at this point is a good thing, it's really time for an event. And a Days wedding taps in to tradition on this show, this is the kind of event I needed). Loved seeing Maggie, Chelsea/Willow were fun enough, Bo and Hope showed up and Marlena was there for her daughter. Can it be better? Yes. Do I have faith that they'll continue using everyone and, more importantly, in meaningful ways? Not yet, but I can't help but have enjoyed seeing the faces today. Steve and Kayla felt a little "odd man out" but I also realize that maybe they didn't want to lose momentum from the escape yesterday. Marlena dropping by was a nice touch, even though as Phoenix pointed out there was a fallacy there with Marlena offering to stay.

I was able to enjoy the youngsters, even though I think Max is dull and nuStephanie is going to be ... well, something ... and even though Abby's exit was lame. Rachel and Blake are still my favorites among them, just as actors to watch, they've got presence. And I didn't mind the others because of the intermingling, and somehow tucking their dialog under the wedding music made them seem more natural, instead of forced personalities (ooooh player bad boy! ooooh wild child racer girl!). For a moment I was eager to see what Jeremy and Jett coming to the scene will do. Knowing this show they'll let them take over, and I'll be stuck with a summer of mindless teenybopper problems, but I had a brief moment of good faith today and, well, it was something.

I probably make a bigger deal out of the music than most, but today it really really helped me in the church scenes, just a little detail like that made the show seem more real, instead of the show's regular lame background music. People chit chatting through the strings and violins and whatnot just made it feel like a real town. Which is hard to do with Salem.

I see no reason to think TPTB have learned from their mistakes regarding the big problems of this show, mechanics-wise and artistically, but for the day they got their act more together than it's been lately.

Oh and just another note about how balance can help, I know EJ belongs at this wedding drama-wise, but when he walked in my mood went down (and not in the involved "Oh no what's gonna happen!" way). Just because I've been seeing him soooo much that I now associate him with the stagnation of the past few months. I think EJ has a place and James Scott is a good add to the cast, but it does serve as a comment on how critical balance is. Balance can bring up an episode even though there are outstanding big picture problems, and lack of balance can sour you on someone that otherwise is an asset to the show.

• Members

I think that's the advantage of taking a whole week out for the wedding. I liked seeing all the guests, and I like that they got that out of the way in one episode so they can save the drama and romance for later. Hopefully the rest of the week will deliver.

• Members

Wait the whole point of something borrowed something blue etc is to give it before she walks down the aisle.

Are we sure that she doesn't walk down the aisle ontil Friday? Cause she is wearing the necklace in the previews of them at the altar and that should be Marlena's gift.

• Members

You realize this now? :huh:;) ;)

Oh and one more thing, about Steve and Kayla -- I kinda hope they keep getting interrupted as they try to make love. I want build-up! I want to be breaking doors down waiting for it to happen! It has to be an event, like, "This sweeps -- Steve and Kayla FINALLY make love again!" Yeah baby!

Archived