DAYS: Drake News

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Must you bring up the Anti-christ in every thread? This is about DRAKE. Not JERk.

On that note, makes sense that he'd return the same day Tony is set. I'm actually looking forward to it. And that's saying a lot since I don't really care for John.

• Members

Well, I'm inclined to agree. Hogan started ruining the show from the very beginning and my remarks then were that Corday hired him just so he could kill the show....argh. Highly doubtful but that's what it's been, a slow death. However, this last week was really good, I think and so hopefully since the facing of truth and reality amongst the producer and writer, it will become a good soap again. I have high hopes that the return of the DiMera's will give glamour, passion and high excitement to the stories.

• Members

Why would Corday hire Hogan to kill the show? Reilly was doing a more than adequate job of that himself. ;)

In any case, I disagree that HS started ruining the show "from the very beginning". In many respects, his first 3/4 months were unquestionably good for DAYS. The stories sped up dramatically, rooting couples were reunited and there were obvious improvements in the day to day material (more intelligent dialogue, more diverse character interaction, fewer flashbacks or false cliffhangers etc.) The ratings remained stable throughout this period and even began to inch up around late December/early January. I'm not saying the material was perfect but compared to JER's orgy of interloper sex, endless triangles and generally moronic stories, it was a godsend.

Clearly, something has gone badly wrong along the way. Perhaps Corday intefered or perhaps Hogan just started sucking but I wouldn't describe his entire tenure thus far as a disaster. Though I have doubts about his compatibility with DAYS, Oct-Dec suggests that he's capable of much better than the current material.

• Members

Amazing. Corday was the one who screwed up Days in that case, not JER, but now HS is the one whose at fault, not Corday.

In your eyes, JER won't take any blame for anything. You are more than entitled to that opinion, but......

MAN do I disagree. JER, with Corday's help, almost destroyed Days, and I am just trying to figure out how it is Corday's fault in JER's case, but Hogan takes the brunt of the blame now, and Corday is basically off the hook.

But, anyway, I'm glad Drake is finally back on screen. It's about time. Hope he sticks around this time.

• Members

Does nayone know when Drake's comtract is up? I wouldn't be surprised if he just walked. Maybe that was the intention of the writers all laong in order to free up money in the budget; they screw him over so badly that he quits.

Archived