April 16-20, 2007

Toups

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days rating are very shocking, but at the same time like other posters have said, THE VT shootings proably had something to do it.

But I realize something. Days ratings have dropped so low, its going to take at least a 1.0 to reach for number too. Guess what, that's not going to happen. No soaps increases their ratings that much. I doubt Days can. I think Days is truely in trouble. If the ratings are this low during MAy, Days can't charge too much for ad spots. Thus meaning, cheaper ad revenue and money he can get for the show.

I blame Ken Corday. I think Days need a new vision. After all these years of being EP, going through the up and s downs, and seeing what works and what not, KEN CORDAY made the incompetent decicion for all these newbies we the fans are DEPP THROATING right now.

I dont think no amout of returns or good storylines WILL EVER get Days in a fighting position to vie for no 2

A lot have tuned out and proably not going to come back this time. They are all tired of the ring-a-maroe.

• Members

Yeah, DAYS is donezo! But honestly NBC deserves it! They announced cancellation two years in advance. DUHHHH. Let me get a two year old with disabilities to tell ya how swift that was.

NBC = morons.

• Members

It is weird how DAYS just drops and drops, but considering how the show is not rectifying its issues... DAYS is hurting a lot but Ken Corday does deserve this, or whomever is responsible for what happened to DAYS over the past 4 months. This is a cumulative result of what has been wrong with the show. The fixes can't come fast enough IMO.

• Members

There is no need to write obituraries or to declare Days dead. Let's chin up people!! :) This is why I dread Thursday because these ratings threads turn into a mortuary.

Days' changes haven't even gone into effect yet. Plus, the preemptions on Tuesday killed them. I would think they would have stayed at 2.0 if they didn't have to have dealt with that issue. If Days' ratings are still like this after summer, then it's over IMO. I will just accept it and move on and hope for the best. The summer and Fall is always a good time for Days ratings and I am still hopeful. I have seen them slide, not like this but slide nonetheless, and get back up to be competitive. It's possible. I''m not giving up yet and I wasn't expecting much change until we saw the changes spoken of in play.

I am hopeful Days will get some increase this week since there was story movement and vets appearing for more then one day. It was a very good week this week so hopefully that will manifest itself in the numbers.

• Members

IA, I don't think the show is just "OVER" yet. If anything this is at least a wake up call to Corday that whatever has propositioned should happen pronto. Corday should pull out all stops to give the show the vigor it deserves. Stefano's return will work IMO, so long as his story is worth watching. And if there was ever a time to bring back character faves that could work in this DiMera SL it is NOW. Kristen should be back IMO, especially if the DiMeras are going to be more than just obstacles, but a real family.

• Members

Here's this weeks ratings compared to this time last year

1. Y&R 4.1 (same)

2. B&B 2.9 (-.3)

3. GH 2.5 (-.3)

4. AMC 2.4 (-.4)

5. OLTL 2.4 (-.2)

6. ATWT 2.3 (-.2)

7. GL 2.0 (-.2)

8. DAYS 1.9 (-.4)

9. PSNS 1.3 (-.3)

• Members

I understand why Days has dropped so much, but its going to be a steep climb back up the ratings for them...I really hope the big summer stories and the lumi wedding can help them out..I just don't like seeing Days at the bottom of the bundle...But if they can lose that many viewers in such a short time, hopefully they can gain some of them back in record time as well when the show improves...Maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part...

• Members

Well, that's the thing. ALOT of people are apparently no longer watching the show.

On the upside, this week's shows have been MUCH better. The past couple days it's actually felt like DAYS again, with the interaction of Hope & Marlena, Marlena with John, Marlena on the phone with Belle, Bo & Hope together with their baby in their home,... and a shirtless Lucas. But a shirtless Lucas is just icing on the cake. ;)

I still can't believe though that DAYS actually hit the 1's. WOW.

• Members

Yeah I agree Grey Bunny.

This week has felt like Days and the romance element was back a bit too. J&M had some nice, simple moments. LUMI had a love scene and just some playful scenes. Shelle had their long-awaited reunion. Bope had some nice scenes. There was nice interactions too.

If they can do this again consistency and continue to move stories and pull out all the stops, then I do think they can get back up to decent levels. They just need to get back to around a 2.3 or so and then work from there. This week felt alot like the stuff we had in Fall.

Archived