April 16-20, 2007

Toups

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its nice to see that AMC has stayed steady and consistent over the month - its been really good lately IMO. I just noticed that it beat GH on Monday and Tuesday - I wonder if the combination of AMC fans coming back to see Greenlee's return and then enough fans being pissed about Craig being Jerry on GH - that maybe AMC will tie or beat GH next week?

I can't believe how quickly DAYS has fallen to the 1.6 and 1.7 dailies. That's just crazy.

• Members

I am not happy at all about ATWT ratings, last week Wednesday-Friday were some of the best eppy's on ATWT in ages and yet the ratings were horrible, I really think these good shows need to be aired starting on Monday instead of the Middle of the week, tune in on Monday and all you see is Gwen/Cleo, so they are tuning out for the rest of the week. I have a bad feeling about this weeks ratings coming up for ATWT as this whole week has been all about Gwen/Cleo, I think we are headed for a 2.2 or 2.1 and I am not happy.

I read something interesting on another board that JP does not even have any say on anything that happens on ATWT, that it is all CG, which is why the show is like it is today, CG has his favorites which is why JP is always writing for them. So it is CG that needs to be canned.

• Members

WOW. These ratings make you wonder if the DAYS bleeding will ever stop. The rest of the week is bad but that 1.7 on Friday is downright disturbing.

Passions is also bleeding quite heavily so I don't see that happening.

• Administrator

GL hovers between 2.0 and 2.2 for the past couple of years and it just takes DAYS a couple of WEEKS, after reaching low 2's, to reach 1.9!! Unbelievable!!

You deserve this, Ken Corday, you deserve this.

• Members

So a B&B rerun gets about the same ratings as a first run episode?

Days has really done a free fall lately although last week has to be tossed out the window. Does the fact that Soapnet moved the show back to 7pm contribute to this at all? If more people are watching on Soapnet at 7 then maybe less are watching on NBC in the afternoon.

Tuesday and Wednesdays should not be counted for anyone because news was on and off all day, interruptions galore. In New York, we started the hour with a news update so we missed the first few minutes of ATWT at least on Wednesday. Some fans may have tuned out thinking the show was pre-empted again.

• Members

These ratings are awful.

Yes, preemptions need to be taken into affect but Days still got a 1.7 on Friday and that episode was the best of the week. It's interesting people mention Soapnet but Days was on Soapnet at 7 a year or so ago and it didn't really affect numbers. However, there was some beautiful weather on the east coast this week so maybe people just didn't stay inside but that would've hurt other soaps just the same. I don't know what happened but I am hopeful with the vets being featured for more then one day this week on Days and the fact that the show is moving now will help. They need to get back over 2.0 and go from there.

The other soaps ain't much better, despite the preemption. This time of year is the worst time for weddingd. We always see lows this time of year, which is sad. I have never seen such a huge drop like that for Days or any soap and I just hope that they can at least get back to around 2.5 to stay competitive since that is where most soaps are hovering now. I wasn't expecting Days to go up but I wasn't expecting those dailies, except for Tuesday, and I was expecting a better Friday number. The changes Days are making need to work. May and the summer is their last chance.

I am hoping next week is better for Days and all soaps. We need something positive. When only OLTL rises and that only gets them a 2.4, that is sad. :(

• Members

Well, if that's the case then Monday should not be counted either. The very end of OLTL was cut off last Monday for an extended ABC News Brief.

That's interesting about B&B.

As for DAYS, it will be interesting to watch over the next couple weeks to see if it drops below PSSNS.

• Members

Wow... so are DAYS and PASS drop to 0.0 ratings by fall? If I wasn't a fan of DAYS and soaps, I would be laughing right now... At least DAYS will have a record at something: the show that lost all of its viewers the fastest...

I am sooooo wondering what people at DAYS and NBC are talking on Friday after they have received ratings on Thursday...

• Members

How many people actually have Soapnet? I don't think that many so the NBC ratings shouldn't really reflect this massive exodus of Day's viewers that seems to be taking place.

I can't believe Days has sunk under 2.0..that's pretty sad. I'm no longer watching the show but I didn't think it was THAT bad.

Archived