OLTL: Renee Elise Goldsberry ~ What Is Going On?

• Members

I have been M.I.A. for a couple weeks, and I have also been out of the loop with OLTL for FOURTEEN DAYS because of technical difficulties. This is not something I am happy about.

Anyway, my SOW newsletter came in my e-mail yesterday, and REG is listed in the Out's. What is going on here? If this has been discussed at length, please direct me to the thread and close this. For some reason, I am having trouble finding the link to the SON News & Entertainment board; has this closed??

I am in shock that REG is leaving OLTL, and I don't understand, as she is one of the more popular actresses. Not to mention twice nominated for an Emmy.

I AM OUT OF THE LOOP.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Renée Elise Goldsberry is one of ONE LIFE best new actresses since Bree Williamson(Jessica) and ONE LIFE should re-consider and give her a new contract. This is a big slap in the face to the actress, fans and African-Americans IMHO. Even if Todd & Vangie aren't going to be the couple, ONE LIFE should keep her and pay her with someone else on the show, hey maybe hook her back up with RJ. With Evangeline about get into an accident and end up in a coma, I predict a re-cast coming up and that re-cast will have some hard shoes to fill IMHO. I also predict big things for Renée in the acting world and maybe even in the music industry since she's a very good singer.

• Members

Perfectly said and with ABC they suck with AA anyway and to not re-sign on of their biggest draws for a woman on top of that is stupid and predictable for ABC.

As for a recast I dont see anyone accepting someone else playing Vangie.

• Members

LOL.

Shane is probably thinking, hmmm, I just asked.

My opinion on the contract. After the ME fiasco, I don't think OLTL needs to cave in to any more contract demands. REG has her fans, and the show needs a great deal more diversity. However, if she is being greedy, nope, don't cave in. OLTL survived without Robin Strasser, Judith Light, Roger Howarth and is surviving without the actors who play RJ (the most underrated actor on the show), the actor who played Hank Gannon, the wonderful actress who played Keri (she might be a good recast for REG) ect. ect. It can survive with REG.

I still think she will re-sign though.

• Members

I dont think she is being greedy, though. The Magazines have been spinning it to make her look like a total bitch who has all of these demands, and I just can't see that being the case. I think Higley doesn't care to write for her. I am suprised at Frank Valentini. He loves Renee. I know, he really doesn't have any say, and it all comes down to Frons, making the decision and Valentini enforcing it, but I at least think the guy would fight for her. I agree with Jess. I do think she will Re-sign.

• Members

I agree with the above poster. I think shes a great actress who deserves a raise and a decent salary. I don't see why OLTL is being so stupid. Haven't they realized that most of are just plaing bored and tired of Todd & Blair. I'm sorry but that relationship is complicated at best and bordering on outright twisted and sick at worst. I'm just sick of it. Renee had a lot of chemistry with TSJ. WHY put her in a coma. Its SO stupid. I might just quit watching OLTL cuz besides Tangie and Jash not much is keeping their. Even though John and Marty are catching my eye now though and I love watching Viki. I just don't want to sit thru another few months of Blair chasing Todd and Todd resisting her until....OOPS its too late...the whore is now in love with Cristian! Say what? Just a theory however.

Bottom line is that OLTL is stupid for letting such a gem get away.

• Members

I think they need to resign her. She is so talented and brings so much to the show. She has so much chemistry with TSJ, I really wish they would explore that more. I am tired of Blair and Todd, give us Tangie!

• Members

I guess ABC Daytime only bends over backwards for its male actors. Figures. Sexist.

REG is one of the more popular actors on the network, isn't she? I am actually surprised by this whole thing. I liked her chemistry with Kassie DePaiva, Tika Sumpter, and Trevor St. John.

Thanks to everybody for the updates and links.

• Members

You are a glutton for punishment. LOL. Like me, you have invested in Jash, which I believe now is stuck in the triangle from hell that will never end. I think once REG re-signs, Blair/Todd/Evangeline/Cris will morph into the quadrangle from hell!! Bless you, you will suffer greatly from OLTL's poison pen. ;)

Archived