OLTL: Renee Elise Goldsberry ~ What Is Going On?

• Members

I agree. I was very upset when they let DG go. I wrote letters, called the comment line, but I have a feeling if they want you gone there isn't much a fanbase can do.

As far as Heather goes, I think it was a combination of her wanting to leave and TPTB not doing all they could to keep her. Did she want to stay? Probably but I don't think she regrets leaving. She's done pretty well for herself since being gone.

I think it's funny all 3 of their nominees aren't on the show anymore.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to comment on something - the use of 'Daytime Emmy winner/nominee' as an excuse. 'Average' gets anybody Daytime Emmy nominations these days. Have you all forgotten Jacob Young, Natalia Livingston? Emmy winners? Please. Today's Daytime Emmys are a joke and a popularity contest, and by no stretch of the imagination in my mind does REG deserve a damn Emmy, at least, not the Emmys I am used to.

• Members

You and I will always disagree on DG and HT and the circumstances they left under so no point in rehashing that. I don't agree with you or the logic you use to support your pov. We can agree to disagree.

I also don't buy into the suggestion that REG's fans are all the more numerous than DG or KB or some of the others. More vocal perhaps. Bottom line is I bet even the best OLTL can do is an educated guess. Just think of Tomlin and Tea.

Yes pay cuts are part of the business. You can tell REG and a few others that. I don't have a clue what she wanted but whatever it is OLTL seems hasn't been inclined to accept. To be fair I don't know what she wanted. It could be outs but they can be as disruptive and as much a cost as any other perk. Everyone was more than frustrated with RH and his outs and why should OLTL give her or any actor that kind of safety net to in effect go look for another job while they hang on the line?

Yes I made my post about emmy nominations because that was the part of a prior post I responded to. I'm more than tired of reading that the only emmy nominations of value are REG's. As already pointed out there are any number of talented actresses at OLTL who have not only emmy nominations but wins.

• Members

Wait, did someone actually say that Heather Tom was not fired? She was fired. Fired, fired, fired. It came down to this: she was very costly, she had a large fanbase before signing with OLTL that didn't translate to higher ratings, the writers didn't know what the heck to do with her character, and she was outspoken. She was shown the door. (Sounds eerily similar to Cady McClain's situation, too?)

Not that it matters, anyway, because I doubt Heather cared, and if she hadn't been pink slipped, she would have left on her own accord anyways.

But ABC didn't want to keep her.

• Members

I definetly see Renee back by summer since they are putting her in a coma. That reaks of them just trying to buy time. Eva has no real ties to the town or canvas and can easily be written out by leaving town. Putting her in a coma is like putting her in limbo for the time being. I dont see her gone for long

• Members

I agree. I really think OLTL would be stupid to let her go and they know that. This is just to give em time to find the means to get her to stay. I think REG did deserve the Emmy but I do agree overall the show is kinda ridiculous. However REG is a great actress and I love Evangeline. I like her a whole lot more than I like Jamie's mother who I can't even remember her name anymore... :( . I can't see anyone else playing the role and I don't want Tangie to just STAGNATE because of such a dumb reason. Cuz that will lead to Todd and Blair which is just cancer.

• Members

Yes. I said it. She was not fired. This is nothing like Cady McClain either. Cady went off on Julie Caruthers, on behalf of Michael E. Knight, who kept his trap shut and criticized the Execs of the show on her website. Heather did nothing of the such. She was pissed about Dan being Fired and she wasn't happy with the direction they were sending her in, which was essentially nothing, because they had nothing for her.

• Members

That's the main reason why I'm not 100% hat's she's not coming back. I'm still leaning more towards her not returning but because they chose to put Evangeline in coma makes me a little suspicious.

You're right she could have easily left town like Kevin/Kelly or been killed off like Hugh, but she's in limbo although now that I brought up Hugh maybe TPTB are waiting until whateaver happens to Evangeline to play out. From what I remember they didn't announce Josh C. was out as Hugh until John came back thinking they were keeping viewers in suspense as to whether or not he really survived.

Archived