Someone's gonna ******* - this week on B&B

• Members

They were probably just saying that its an encore presentation...

CBS.com has zero info on this issue which makes it seem a very quickly taken decision and makes me even more believe that today was the day of the shooting (B&B stretches such events so it wouldn't have been too early in the week) which CBS execs felt unfitting...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I caught a bit of B&B this week.

Is Brooke bi polar? I thought she was lusting after Nick but the second Ridge starts sucking Ashley's face off, she's laying her claim.

Shane is a psycho. Poor Phoebe.

Ridge needs to color all that gray. He almost looks like Santa.

• Members

Seriously there could have been more depth to this character! He should have threatened to go and tell the truth about what Taylor did to Darla and that would have driven a Forrester to kill him! Not...oh well I want Pheobe, Pheobe doesn't like me, I'll go crazy, piss off a few people in her family, and then I'll die!

• Members

B&B can't win...

I feel like the Virginia Tech wounds are still too fresh...someone who just happened to be a watchdog or just happened to have stumbled onto today's episode would get the wrong impression about our show. I think the bigger crime B&B gets away with is the amount of "incest" on the show.

It certainly doesn't help that the VT shooter's videos and photos from NBC were released yesterday. I was hoping that B&B would do some kind of last-minute editing and maybe they did(I'm waiting for the last segment of the show). As campy as everything was edited, it still doesn't help.

On another note...My God, Ashley is just the greatest thing to happen to B&B in a long, LONG time. I wish they could pair her with Ridge. Eileen and Ronn have excellent chemistry with each other.

• Members

ITA, Bellcurve.

B&B who usually does one murder story every decade is now so unfortunate to remain in a bad light - in contrast to shows like GH where a weekly shoot-out is common-place. SIgh!

BTW: As I admited the Shane story is rushed. However it fits; Shane was a loose cannon last fall and was just quickly redeemed before Xmas when he took his life in hands and later got a job. I totally see this behavious in character. WOuld I'd like to see more of creepy Shane before this? Sure. Do I like it anyhow. I must say, I do.

Oh before I forget; to clarify my widely criticized point about the writing: I meant the actual writing; the dialogues and set-up - the headwriter is still sub-par but the scriptwriters have done amazings (all of them seriously) in the last 2 weeks to make every single episode entertaining, funny or chilling. But maybe the daily dose of that trainwreck Y&R has lowered my standards and expectations for good dialogue or a good daytime serial in general to dangerous levels, who knows.

• Members

Hmmm I live in CA and Wednesday's show for me was a repeat of the 5000 eppy. I thought they did that on both coasts to delay the Shane shooting or whatever is happening, but I guess not. I agree BB doesn't deserve a bad rap for violence. Not compared to all the other shows out there.

My main issue with the show right now is Brooke. My God, they have her looking like a fickle @&*(( these days. I hate it. I agree that Ashley is the best thing to hit this show in ages. She's so much more fun on BB too. It's doing wonders for the character and the show.

• Members

OH MY GOSH!? WHAT!?

THEY MENTIONED GRANT!?

Grant Chambers - as in Grant one those few male characters that were interesting and had a backbone!? This Grant!?

OH MY GOSH!?

They have NEVER mentioned him since his death. It always pissed me off because Macy was never as happy as with Grant, yet revisionist writing in later years was always keen on telling us that Macy was never more lucky than with Thorne. Puuhleeze!

Now that they actually mentioned Grant it can indeed only mean one thing: Rick's role as a shooter could come out. FYI, a young troubled Rick (then Steven Hartman) shot Grant in March 1997 just in time for a who's-dun-it for B&B's tenth anniversary...

• Members

I thought the Shane/Ridge stuff was FANTASTIC.

It gave me the chills...

And I expected the worst when Dax Griffin joined the show but will admit I was very wrong. Either he REALLY learned how to act in recent years or this role was just made for him. Shane was so creeppy, such a tormented soul, so deliciously psychotic - I will miss him alot. They should have stretched this story much more, Shane was the best borderline character/psycho on B&B since Sheila - much more believable than Morgan, IMO.

Dax Griffin earned himself a place on the pre-nom-list for Supporting Actor. Little screentime doesn't diminish or exclude his chances as evident with Genie Francis...

• Members

You're not alone.

As many have mentioned, Eileen brought some fresh outside blood (as did Lesli Kay when she joined)...and that has elevated everyone's game. It's terrific to see new shades of Ridge, and I love that Stephanie is "courting" Ash.

If you look at the writers credits, it is now MOSTLY fired Y&R writers (and Jerry Birn...long time writer on Y&R and a best friend of Bill Bell...is consulting). That may explain a lot of what's going on.

I think moving Brooke into the "pathological" territory--so that even her defenders (like me) can't defend her, is also brilliant. It's a whole new shading for Brooke. If she ends up alone and isolated, maybe she'll finally reach some kind of epiphany and grow up a little.

Nahhhhhhhhhhh.

Archived