Someone's gonna ******* - this week on B&B

• Members

Am I the only one who finds B&B suspiciously good these days?

I liked last week with Ridge & Ashley stuff more than I ever imagined and therefore found myself drawn to anxiously await Monday's show. I had to see it ASAP - this hasn't been the case for several months...

Unfortunately I had zero time ever since. Le sigh!!!

Therefore: Comments only for Monday on my part...

Nick & Taylor were awesome. I'm not too sold on them as a couple but they are so funny, charming and touching in their scenes, Aaron Spelling who originally wanted to pair Hunter Tylo and Jack Wagner on "Melrose Place" must be smiling high above in the sky...

Brooke taunting Stephanie was a riot. Let's face it; both ladies keep behaving pathetic more than usual and change thier attitudes like their panties but this confrontation was once again fabulous. Another duo showing great acting muscles...

Then, it was Rick-free day. Double Yay! Although I warmed up towards DaysRick on Friday (HUH!????) in his scenes with Eileen Davidson who's just flawless on B&B. The Phoebe-Ridge conversation was actually good, and so is Ronn Moss ever since he came back from Australia. Did the paycheque for this Aussie commercial give him a new lease on acting???

Finally, Shane is back! And Dax Griffin is on his scariest. Pervert drifter Shane was fantastic last fall and although the story seems rushed a bit, I like it a lot so far.

What are your thoughts and opinions? Anyone care to comment because usually B&B discussions here turn out to be monologues... LOL!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't call the writing good and solid...I would actually say the opposite. Everything(with the exception of Ashley) seems so rushed and forced.

I'm almost glad they didn't immediately rush Ashley's arrival. I don't think I would have had the connection with her character that I do now. She is a breath of fresh air from all the immaturity on B&B. Seeing Ashley with Brooke just made it so abundantly clear how badly B&B needs strong females on the show.

Ashley is pretty much the only thing worth watching on B&B. And I really hope they pair her with Ridge. She has so much chemistry with him.

• Members

There's something weird going on at B&B this week. Is it interesting? Yes, a hell of a lot more than it has been but I certainly don't think it's very well written. It wreaks of what Bell is always guilty of - split second decisions with no thought for planning. The whole Shane story is predicated on a swiftly fabricated feud between he and everyone else on the canvas. B&B isn't begging for pennies like the rest of the shows so why bring Shane back for only a couple of episodes? If this story had been played through since his arrival, I'd be lapping it up but too much is supposed to be presumed.

Regardless, it is good to see something different on the show that's a little campier and out of the tired old triangle routine. Dax Griffin is looking great (not that it's important but, hey) and personally I find his character to be really quite tragic. Maybe I'd buy the rush job a little more if Patrick Mulcahey was doing the scripts. He can add depth to even the most tired scenes.

Elsewhere, I'm liking watching Ashley poodle about the lab. She's definitely someone else whose bringing a freshness to the show because she's not so intrinsically linked to the Forresters and I get this early 90s vibe from her for that reason. Brooke meanwhile is pissing me off. This is the first time in years of being a "Brookie" that I see no justification in anything she's doing and it saddens me a little.

• Members

Same here. I'm a fan of the Bumbling Blonde and I just cannot deal with her character now. I feel no warmth, no sympathy anymore. Which is horrid because, even when she was sleeping with Deacon, there was always a small part of me loyal to the character.

Love Ashley, though. LOVE her. I knew Eileen Davidson would wow me anyway -- the success of her character depends entirely on how much Brad Bell wants to write for her. And we all know homeboy has ADD.

Dax Griffin is one hot piece of a$$. Let's not be embarrassed to ogle here, because I sure as hell am not. What I don't understand is, why is *he* the one to be written off? Why not Donna, who is useless? Why not Ridge, my affection for whom expired around the time shoulder pads were last in fashion? B&B *NEEDS* young, hot men. And don't tell me that CarbFace aka NuRick qualifies, because he doesn't.

Plus there are too many women on this show. Too many unattached women. Too many unattached women lusting after their brother's half-brother / stepfather / step-uncle. Too many unattached women lusting after old men.

Shane is not even part of the Forrester gene pool! BIG plus in my book.

• Members

Oh I'm with you on everything. Brad's written himself into a corner with his weirdly extreme SORASing and constant purges of non-Forresters. I'm not sure I have a problem with the number of women because I'm all about having a large cast but they definitely need more unattached men to stir things up.

I'd have been quite happy for a Deacon redux and push Shane onto Jackie to get back at Nick. Maybe have him boffing Dumb Donna and leading her along at the same time to get some Marone money. I don't know. It all seems so simple to me. If you're going to kill someone off, at least make it interesting.

• Members

I hate it how Bradley Bell gets a hard-on for one storyline for one month and plays the hell out of it in one full swoop and then moves on to his next story du jour. As a result of his insta-stories, we have people like Felicia, Shane, Thorne, Storm, Donna, and Pam on contract doing absolutely nothing.

My gosh, Lesli Kay shaved her head, got rave reviews, is currently nominated for an Emmy, and yet he gives her NOTHING. And what about The Wonder Years mom? She was a welcome addition to the older cast, and we haven't seen her in weeks (although I miss some episodes, but I haven't heard her name mentioned).

I wonder how long before the Phoebe/Rick pairing goes stale in Bell's eyes. Then he might re-write history so that Brooke isn't really Rick's mother and she'll go after him!

• Members

Brad Bell needs to be EP only on this show. Either give Patrick Mulcahey HW duties or draft in Jack Smith but, dear God, remove this ADD-addled hack from the writing pool. Brad Bell hasn't been on form since back when Hunter Tylo had her original lips.

• Members

I want Dax Griffin to stalk me, but that's a whole other issue.

Anyway, I find this storyline to be overtly rushed and overall . . . boring.

I agree with Ashley being a breath of fresh air, someone B&B desperately needs.

B&B also needs some newer characters, for the existing characters to interact with. It's boring seeing the same people with one another day after day. I wish there was more character balance on this show, like it was in the mid-90's.

• Members

Something was scrolled at the bottom of the screen at the beginning of the episode, but I missed it. Was it the same for everyone else or just a local thing for me? It said this was an encore showing of the 5,000th episode, but I wonder if there was a specific reason for it... like maybe B&B was pre-empted in parts of the US yesterday so they'll see yesterday's show today?

Archived