The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just waiting... He does this quite often; works up in the North, with the Inuit/Autochetones. He's an MD, a physician, an Endcrinologist, and his "mission" is the high incidence of diabetes among Canada's native peoples.

This last stint has gone on rather long. In the old days I used to drive to the airport and wait but,... well I wish I had tonight.

And his flight still hasn't left Winnipeg. Long night.

• Members

Thanks!

We live in Montreal, so once he boards a plane it could be anywhere from 2 to 4 hours, depending. Once he lands it's maybe a 20 minute ride home by cab. I've driven it in under 10. But I've had a bit of wine so forget that.

He won't want to board some flimsy prop plane after flying into Winnipeg, he'll want the the comfort of a big jet. Oh! There's the phone!

• Members

How's this for satire?

Hey! Little Guy

Comb your hair, fix your skintone

Soon he will open the door

Don't think because there's a ring on your finger

You needn't try anymore

For partners should always be lovers too

Run to his arms the moment he comes home to you

I'm warning you...

Day after day

There are boys at the office

And men will always be men

Don't send him off with your hair still in greaseballs

You may not see him again

For partners should always be lovers too

Run to his arms the moment he comes home to you

He's almost here...

Hey! Little guy

Better wear something hunky

Something you'd wear to go to the city and

Dim all the lights, pour the wine, start the music

Time to get ready for love

Time to get ready

Time to get ready for love

• Members

This is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about St.Louis:

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from October through May, you might live in St. Louis.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you might live in St. Louis.

If someone mentions 'The Landing' and it has nothing to do with the space shuttle, you might live in St. Louis.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live in St. Louis.

If you've seen a tornado touch down and ONLY thought 'Damn it, I just waxed the car', you might live in St. Louis.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in St. Louis.

If you measure distance in hours instead of miles, you might live in St. Louis.

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, you might live in St. Louis.

If you drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard for some White Castles, you might live in St.Louis.

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you might live in St. Louis.

If you take I-Farty-Far to Six Flags, you might live in St. Louis.

If you know what/where the Piasa Bird is, you might live in St. Louis.

If someone says concrete and you think of Ted Drewes instead of pavement, you might live in St. Louis.

If you know what a TRAM is, you might live in St.Louis.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you might live in St. Louis.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you might live in St. Louis.

If you've ever skipped school, work, or even a court-date because you had tickets to an afternoon Cards, Blues or Rams game,you might live in St. Louis.

If you can say the words 'Cahokia Mounds' and not think of a candy-bar or boobies, you might live in St. Louis.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you might live in St. Louis.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you might live in St. Louis.

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you might live in St. Louis.

If you find 10 degrees a little 'chilly', you might live in St. Louis.

If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your St. Louis friends & others, you live or have lived in St. Louis.

Archived