The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds like you need to talk or.. punch and delete. In my experience it's better to just let it die and move on. "CLOSURE" is overrated and is usually a selfish pursuit, better reserved to former best friends, family, and spouses. Life moves and we need to move with it. So often I've encountered people who feel they need to see a friend and end it, a friend who barely remembers them. Online it's even less of a chore.

Every thinking person has "ugh, how did I do that?" moments and they haunt us. That's what keeps us in check and makes us better people.

• Members

I had a certain friend on here (you know who you are) that made friends with me almost immediately after my arrival. Some things went down and we were both unhappy with the other, but instead of talking to one another about the issue at hand, we avoided one another and said some hurtful things behind each others' backs. But once we jotted down our feelings on AIM, we both realized what great friends we were and decided to put away those negative feelings and apologized to one another. Now, even though we rarely talk, we occasionally see each other on AIM and just....talk. And it's good to know that those feelings of animosity are in the past, buried if you will, and we both are there for one another. I'm so lucky to have a friend like him. :D

• Members

You guys make me miss hubby that much more. I'm feeling all mushy and gushy inside. And he's out of town giving his (ahem this is where I say what I really think) sister another loan.

Archived