The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just got off the phone with my friend Joshua who is going through a tough time. We haven't spoken in a few months partly because our schedules are out of sync and partly because he and I just grew apart, so his call kind of threw me for a loop. Josh was crying because of some stuff going on with his family, and he just needed someone to talk to. He kept apologizing throughout the conversation but I kept telling him there was no need to. I don't care what has gone down between us, we were always there for one another.

When times are rough, you really see who your friends are. The ones that you can depend on, the ones that are there for you when you need to vent, but also tell you when you're in the wrong. The ones who come to you for advice and get the answer that they're not expecting and it not have an impact on the friendship. Friends who don't rely on petty bullshit games to try and get their point across, instead just coming right out and telling you how they really feel. It may make things difficult for a time, but you know that in the end, they have your back and you have theirs.

Talking with Josh made me really think about stuff like that, and I dunno..... To those who I have that with, I appreciate it. Those are healthy friendships I wish to keep. We've all got those unhealthy friendships (both online and offline) and I recommend you break ties. It needs to be done. There are some I wish I would have just handled as soon as I felt there were issues instead of holding it in and ignoring people for a while. Had those issues been talked out, things would probably be different today (same resolution, just less drama).

Archived