The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very true....I think some think that because they don't see someone directly, that feelings don't matter; but if you come to think of it, someone, whereever they may be, may be hurt by things said towards them and about them... I think we forget that when we are too busy cutting on someone or talking down about them to someone that eventually will pass on what was said about them.

• Members

Very good points.

Another problem that can really affect someone is the hearsay factor. So many people online like to spread rumors as facts and smear the name of others when in fact they have no solid proof. I'm a firm believer that unless I hear it from someone myself, in person, with my own two eyes, from their own two lips, I believe nothing.

I think its reprehensible to pass assumptions off as gospel. Its hurtful, immature, unintelligent and wrong.

• Members

I'm sorry to hear about that daysfan.

I look at my life this way now when dealing with folks that like to try to stir me up and put me down:

I won't say one word; even if it hurts my pride and my feelings, I will simply pray on it and just try my best to move forward.

I have learned that even talking to someone that I think has my back isn't always good; because there are times when I get this 'sick feeling' where what I said in terms about myself is being discussed to someone else so they can dissect and tear about...

I'm a much happier person that I was a few months ago; and that's my goal; to be happy not for everyone else, but myself.

Archived