All: Soapnet's new schedule as of April 9th?

• Members

Hmm. Them basically getting rid of the classics leads me to at least hope a SoapNet Classics is int he works but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I officially hate SoapNet.

To go from Falcon Crest, Sisters, Hotel, Dynasty, Dallas, Ryan's Hope and Another World to a schedule dominated by One Tree Hill and The O.C. is disgusting. Plain and simple. I hope this backfires in their face but I can already see Frons boasting about how much of a good acquisition he made with them and boasting about their ratings.

Ugh. I'm so infuriated.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice, Soapnet. Nice. I finally get your network a couple months ago and NOW you drop AW.

Be prepared... if Soapnet announces its next acquisition is Passions reruns after having dropped AW, Errol better be prepared for this board to crash over and over and over... :rolleyes:

• Members

I didn't watch the "Another World" reruns, but I know that many did and this move is beyond upsetting. They're not interested in using SoapNet as a way of airing daytime soaps -- they want it to be a cheesy primetime drama rerun network. Who the hell needs so much Dallas?!

I'm guessing that at this rate, we'll never have any CLASSIC episodes of the current dramas (Days, Y&R, AMC, OLTL, GH). Hell, it seems like forever since the last marathon!

• Members

All Soapnet cares about is having a young, female audience, and they seem to be growing on. They don't give a crap about daytime TV soap viewers or classic soaps. In their minds, reality shows and recently canceled prime time soaps will draw young females and that's all they want.

For AW fans, I would suggest bombarding the P&G Classic Soap Channel also and asking them to air more AW, or pick up where Soapnet left off (they're airing 1980 now and I don't think they update very much if at all).

I have hundreds of AW episodes on tape so I'll dig those out at some point and put them on YouTube.

Oh, and are Days and Y&R switched on the new schedule?

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 22 2007, 09:30 PM)
Check the new Frons interview. He said he has two reality shows ala Laguna Beach in the works. We can kiss SOAPnet goodbye. :(

Frons really is the Soap Anti-Christ. He won't be satisfied until he's destroyed not only the ABC soaps, but the entire soap GENRE as a whole.

• Members

I think they dumped Dynasty a year ago or so. Not sure though. It just kind of disappeared. I was pissed about that.

Frons is an absolute moron and I can't believe what he's turning SoapNet in to. Why does ABC continue to give this man power with all of the flack that he receives?

I've heard the SoapNet message board posters are infuriated by this too.

We really need to get a petition going, or letter writing or something. We can bitch about it all we want on here but it won't do anything to get anything fixed.

• Members

So someone who is suppose to reliable at the Sitcoms Online MB's is confirming this schedule change with a few other tidbits including a Anthony Geary and Genie Francis Interview that airs on 4/29

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=196870

Frons is an goober for doing this. I don't know what the hell he is thinking.

• Members

Maybe we should go all "Donna Martin Graduates!" on his office. Maybe then Frons will hear us. :lol: I can't believe he is doing this. Four fricking hours of Dallas and two of The OC and OTH is totally ridiculous. And why 1pm and 2pm for the repeats of OTH and The OC? Doesn't he know kids are in school then? And those shows are available on DVD or you can get them for free on the net. Frons is such an idiot.

• Members

A glimmer of hope is that SN took RH off at one point only to bring it back. That is what some posters at the RH forum at the SN boards have said. So hopefully if we bombard Frons with emails and letters, he will bring AW back ASAP if that is not the plan already. There is always hope that this is just a tempoary change. But keep emailing EVERYONE. Frons, ABC, Disney, Soapnet, SOD, SOW, and TV Guide about wanting AW back on the Soapnet schedule.

Archived