All: Soapnet's new schedule as of April 9th?

• Members

I don't think that the SoapNet ratings should be counted as part of the current ratings. It would only be so if all 9 shows aired separately.

Right now many of the shows that air on SoapNet are watched twice. For instance I watch Y&R during the day live and watch it on SoapNet each night. I don't think Y&R should get credit for my watching it twice.

Even the primetime ratings don't count additional airings of shows that are on a cable network. Shows such as House, Law & Order: SVU, etc. get additional airings of episodes on another night on Cable.

So I don't see the ratings ever counting them unless all 9 shows got the same attention. It would automatically give Days, Y&R, AMC, OLTL, & GH an unfair advantage in the ratings.

SoapNet gives more fans an advantage of watching their show and that is great, but the ratings are a judgment mainly of what is airing at that time.

I do wish the SoapNet ratings were reported more widely so that it could be known what is working and what is not. You only ever see the SoapNet ratings about twice a year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently this person at WOST and the AW Soapnet board, checked his direct TV schedule for next month and this is what he saw. Though someone at the AW board at Soapnet, called a friend at TV Guide who talked to TV guide's department that covers soaps and they know nothing about it. I also got an email back from SN's customer service department saying they had no information regarding this so there's a chance that it isn't true but knowing Frons, it is possible that it is.

• Members

Maybe before we start sending letters and phone calls we should wait for something official though I wouldn't doubt it. When I Wanna Be A Soap Star starts again everything will get flipped flopped to add that. They may of moved DAYS ahead for that reason to get it in to a time slot and established before that show starts.

• Members

Maybe before we start sending letters and phone calls we should wait for something official though I wouldn't doubt it. When I Wanna Be A Soap Star starts again everything will get flipped flopped to add that. They may of moved DAYS ahead for that reason to get it in to a time slot and established before that show starts.

• Members

How about we get rid of the Dallas, OTH, OC, 90210, Melrose, and put all 9 current soaps on there that would be better IMO, and after doing that if there is still room for some of the other one's fine, but there is no need for some of those older soaps to be airing 4 times a day when the current soaps should be.

• Members

SOAPnet Classics was always a rumor, I don't recall them ever being firm on that. Lets keep in mind that if you ask them OTH and OC are classics. The stuff that airs in the daytime is their classic block because they aren't allowed to air the current soaps during the day.

If they are pretty much cancelling Another World, Port Charles AND Ryan's Hope then I think we should know how the classics will be from now on.

Archived