Y&R Discussion: Week of March 19th

• Members

prod_460_23221.gif

Hope you all have fun during the week-end...I know some were into March Madness; hope your fave teams won.

Okay, we have a full week of Y&R to see:

We get to see Amber confessing to Cane. Could this confession propel her skanky self over to Daniel? Brad is none to pleased to see his wife in another man's arms....Nikki can't believe that Victor is betraying her (what else is new, Nikki)...Sharon tries to go toe-to-toe with Phyllis (should be interesting, cause it means Dru isn't far behind)...Ji Min purposely ignores Jack's orders....Jack asks Sharon the ultimate question; David plots to keep Sharon out of Jack's arms....It's voting time for Brad.... and Kevin's revenge for JT continues.

Basically nothing to crow about, but who knows what we might like this week.

So, as we normally do, let's talk about what we liked, who we could have done without and what should have been on the cutting room floor :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sharon has what it takes to go toe to toe with that skank Phyllis. Although, I had the weirdest dream last night. Sharon and Phyllis were buddy buddy. I was Dru, off in the corner, shaking my head and ready open up a can.

Nikki needs to sit down. I still can't get over how this uptight ho bag trashed Sharon for having a past; as if gyrating off poles was a badge of family values.

• Members

I think once Nikki had the smell of ole Victor's money shoved up her nose, and several walks down the aisle to keep that habit going, she forgot so easily how she gyrating off the poles was what got Victor's eye to begin with. Nikki has as much of a nasty past that don't even compare to Sharon's....Isn't this the same woman that was involved with a man that's ex plotted to kill her? Nikki brings drama just like Sharon did, not even more, so you are right in saying that Nikki need to keep the lip zipped.

As for Phyllis and Sharon, of course Sharon is going ot snap off on her; but it's obvious that they are going to keep Phyllis with the upper hand for the moment; however, I am going to love seeing Dru snap on Phyllis one last time before Miss Victoria Rowell leaves us and our screens.

• Members

Sharon talked all that sh!t and now she's back tracking like a mofo. If you're gonna be woman enough to say something, don't back track. Stand your ground. Call Phyllis' bluff and tell Vicki. But we all know that ain't gonna happen.

• Members

Sharon was doing all that soft spoken jazz...then when she gets into Brad's office, she wants to get her voice and get loud, talking about Phyllis...She's been hanging out with Drucilla Winters all this time, and she hasn't picked up on any of home girl's habits?

Regardless, even if Sharon did say something to Victoria or if Brad hurried up to beat Big Red to the punch, the damage would have been done...The only person that most likely praise Phyllis on her dirty deeds is Jack...that's right up his alley.

• Members

Sharon is a saint compared to nasty Nikki. She is so sanctimonious, puhleeze!

The only comment I have to to make about today's episode is I thought the whole Extreme Catwalk stuff with Lauren, Jill and Gloria, was the cheesiest stuff I have seen on Y&R in a long time. I had to mute it. It just annoyed the hell out of me.

• Members

I can’t believe I’m saying this and I’m 100 % sure that I’ll regret by tomorrow the latest when we’re back to the usual drivel but today’s show was really good. I liked it from beginning to end– WOW.

Jill/Lauren/Gloria was fantastic – I screamed laughing. And Nikki mocking Victor – LMAO! I guess the fact that I HATE pratically any story on Y&R made me fall for everythzing today. It was pure ludicrous fun.

Nikki has always been a number ho & b*tch who should mind her own business but that's waht makes me like Sharon so much. She will stick to the old hag eventually. :)

• Members

My big problem with the show is that it is so insanely plot driven. Yes I loved seeing Extreme Catwalk today, but where has it been for the past two months? Why is Jill so happy to be with Gloria who was trying to steal her boyfriend? Speaking of said boyfriend where is he? What are Jill's feelings for Ji Min? There are sooooooooo many unanswered questions for all of these stories. Latham is clearly in love with her writing and only that. She doesn't showcas ethe characters, she showcases her storylines. I'm sure Extreme Catwalk will be forgotten in about a week.

I'd also like to get Nikki and Victor out of the office so we can see how this is effecting their relationship at home. Same for the Carlton's. Speaking of, what has happened to Rebecca? Hmm...her plot is over and so is she! Same for Paul and Maggie. Hopefully the latter can fit into one of Latham's crap plots, otherwise forget about seeing them!

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 19 2007, 04:51 PM)
My big problem with the show is that it is so insanely plot driven. Yes I loved seeing Extreme Catwalk today, but where has it been for the past two months? Why is Jill so happy to be with Gloria who was trying to steal her boyfriend? Speaking of said boyfriend where is he? What are Jill's feelings for Ji Min? There are sooooooooo many unanswered questions for all of these stories. Latham is clearly in love with her writing and only that. She doesn't showcas ethe characters, she showcases her storylines. I'm sure Extreme Catwalk will be forgotten in about a week.

I'd also like to get Nikki and Victor out of the office so we can see how this is effecting their relationship at home. Same for the Carlton's. Speaking of, what has happened to Rebecca? Hmm...her plot is over and so is she! Same for Paul and Maggie. Hopefully the latter can fit into one of Latham's crap plots, otherwise forget about seeing them!

Could not have said it better myself. Y&R has become such a plot driven show under Latham and it used to be the one show that usually would stray away from that type of show killing stotyline.

• Members

I used to hate on GH for being plot driven, but I have never seen anything like Latham's Y&R. It's more plot driven than most procedural shows. Her story ideas are good and there are some good episodes (like Monday), but overall it falls flat for me.

I've been watching some episodes from 1997 (my first dose of Bill Bell) so I'm seeing the major difference in the quality of the show. It's truly like a completely different show, even for the characters still on the show.

The funny thing though is that Nikki is just as mean as she is now! Victor is going to marry Diane and Nikki is pissed although she's happily married AND living at the Newman ranch. Who does this woman think she is? :lol:

Another fabulous thing about these episodes is seeing how brilliant Jill is when written correctly. She is one ballsy woman who can have you loving and hating her in the same episode. I wish I knew Latham and could let her borrow these tapes so she could know how to write Jill.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 19 2007, 04:04 PM)
I've been watching some episodes from 1997 (my first dose of Bill Bell) so I'm seeing the major difference in the quality of the show. It's truly like a completely different show, even for the characters still on the show.

It feels so good to read this since you were one of LML's devotees for quite some time.

This is exactly why so many - including me - loath the hack and waht she's done to Y&R. Jill is a prime example, she completely altered the charatcer recently like Kay was dumbed down last year during the Jabot sale.

• Members

I LOVED Phyllis being such a bitch to Sharon today. That hypocritical whore finally gets to have some of the [!@#$%^&*] she's said to Phyllis thrown back in her face. Whether you hate Phyllis or not, no matter what she has done, Sharon was in the wrong for sleeping with Brad. She had no right to sleep with Brad, and continue to blast Phyllis for sleeping with Nicholas. I've said before that Sharon is just a bitter whore who is upset that she didn't get to steal Brad away from Victoria. Because even though Brad may like sex with Sharon, he "loves" Victoria...or should I say loves the power that he has stepped into by being Mr. Victoria Newman.

Team Phyllis all the way baby! I'll be on Phyllis side forever. Here's to hoping that Sharon's affair with Brad is exposed all over town!!

• Members

Ryan, you speak the TRUTH! Sharon wanted to start sh!t with Phyllis when Phyllis gave her the cup of coffee. "I would like to dump this on you." but Phyllis shut her up REAL quick "I know you don't want to make me mad." Oh, Sharon started kissing so much ass right then that I think she got red thread in her mouth. And her "apology" was pure BS.

• Members

Sharon has had many chances to be with Brad, but has turned him down because she knows what she did was wrong. He would be with Sharon in a heartbeat if Victoria didn't have the Newman name and money. He is the dog in this story, not Sharon, IMO.

And doesn't Sharon have every right to be upset with Phyllis? Yes Sharon cheated too (after Nick btw), but she did it once and they were extremely strained circumstances. Nick on the other hand cheated multiple times, got Phyllis pregnant yet Sharon is the big evil !@#$%^&*]? How?

Archived