October Road Discussion Thread

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I didn't want to give this show a chance bc I already watch enough TV and I'm usually out on Thursday nights. But I taped and watched...and I thought it was sorta corny and at times ridiculous. But I actually have to admit I still liked it....

Laura Prepon looks HOT. I've really only seen her in That 70's Show and she just had to look different for that role. Anyway I love the lighter hair and she just looks great. The male lead is pretty f'ing cute too, I have to admit.

• Members

I liked it. :) LOL I know a ton of guys like that who are grown ups, but still not grown up. Hehe. I'll watch again next week. I just hope they don't drag the whole Sam being his son thing out. I mean, it's like WHOA obvious.

• Members

I'm not sure....it may not reair until this summer.

You may want to check the videos at abc.com .

I know sometimes they post episodes on there after they first air to watch for free. I know they do it with DH, but I think they also do it with some other shows. I'm not sure about October Road though.

• Members

I liked the first episode.

The only problem I had was that the music seemed from the wrong era. Did high school kids in the 1990s really listen to 1970s rock? I thought the joke about burning REO Speedwagon records was really out of place.

Other than that, it was a good show.

• Members

It was OK. I definitely agree with the cheesey comment. And the casting was...I don't know. The townies were a little too townie. I don't know. The show has a really good framework, but I think it needs retooling. It reminds me of What About Brian in that sense.

• Members

I graduated in 1997 and my friends and I did

The Allman Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Doobie Brothers, The Eagles, Kansas, The Who, Steve Miller Band along with Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Candlebox, Everclear, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc

But of course it could have been the crowd I hung with ;)

• Members

i freakin LOVE this show. i knew i would like it, mostly due to BG as the lead (cuz ill always love Jake from OTH!) but the show was actually really good. i loved it. everything. writing, dirct, acting.. it all was really good. and i love how you already see many diff sides to the characters. as well as the flashbacks showing you how they have changed. yeah. OR is my new fave show.

Archived