Y&R: Is Cane Jill's Son?

• Members

From SOD:

Last week, cane agreed to a DNA test in order to prove once and for all whether or not he is Jill's long lost son. While she anxiously awaits the results at the Chancellor estate w/ Katherine, Cane moves on with his new life in GC by having Amber move in.

A messenger delivers the sealed test results, which Kay wants to open immediately. "But Jill tells her that she wants Cane to be present," says Daniel Goddard. "Kay gets a little bent out of shape, but that's understandable. She's been telling Jill, 'Don't trust this person. He could be a con man.' But jill throws that all aside and is coming from an emotional point of view. She tells Kay, 'This is my son and I want him to be here for this moment.' "

Meanwhile, Cane and amber are at Lauren's boutique discussing plans for their wedding reception when Jill calls. "He and Amber drop everything and head out to the Chancellor house," says DG. When they arrive, Jill finally opens the envelope. The results? "She says, 'you're not my son,' sighs DG. "It's a terrible blow. Cane feels just awful and Jill tells him that she wishes he were her son."

Amber doesn't accept the news quietly. "She grabs the paper and says that the results have to be wrong," chuckles DG. "Everyone else is like, 'DNA doesn't lie.' But she wants another test done."

Cane doesn't see the logic in a retake. "His feeling is, 'Why should I build up my hopes again?' " explains DG. "He believes they all need to come to terms with the truth and face it. He wants them to stop hurting each other and wasting time."

But Amber won't be stopped. With Kay's help, she finally persuades her hubby to take another test. "He wants to go home to Australia," says DG. "But Amber tells him that he cant because he has to do the test again. She whole-heartedly believes that Cane is Jill's son, but Cane tells her to let it go."

UGH. I can't STAND Amber :angry::angry::angry:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am with Chris B. I hope the first DNA Test is right and Cane is NOT her son. And yeah, he isn't the right age. But I wouldn't be suprised if the DNA Tests are wrong and Cane is her son. Like always. :rolleyes:

I am beginning to see why people compare LML to JER.....these stories sound a lot like his stalls in his stories on Passions. But I still don't think she is as bad as him and the "feminine" version.

• Members

*crosses fingers* Amber is supposed to be around for six months so hopefully she and Cane can go off in the sunset together! I also hope and pray Adrienne's album is a HUGE hit so we never have to worry about a return to Y&R! :P

Nina, not Amber please!

• Members

The point of a new test is so Amber can fix the results and get the Chancellor money. I hope her real son isn't Kevin, that would be cruel punishment for Jill.

Hi Jill, meet you good son Kevin. He's a child molester and attempted murderer of your granddaughter (by marriage). It would just be more propping of that ridiculous character. And it would mean Gloria (and Kevin and Michael) would never pay for the stuff they've done at Jabot.

• Members

OH I just had a crazy thought!! Hopefully Cane isn't Jill's son, which would make her go looking for him again, with JT and JT and Jilli hook up!! Jill like younger men and JT like older women! I would be interested in seeing a May to December romance for these two!

• Members

If Cane isn't Jill's son, why even bring it up? That's pointless storytelling there. They did the same thing years ago when Nina was looking for her father and was certain it was Jed Sanders, and it wasn't. How old would Philip be anyways? For some reason, I'm thinking he was born in 1975.

• Members

Cane being Jill's son is just too obvious. Latham likes the fast paced stories but not that fast.

What was Latham smoking when she dreamed up this "Everything is about Amber" arc? I mean seriously. This chick is at the centre of every storyline... she is so annoying and I want her off my screen pronto. Was she this annoying on B&B? Didn't she win an emmy? :blink:

• Members

Phillip was "19" in 1989 when he died so that would make him roughly 27 as of 2006.

And yes here is Adrienne's Emmy moments:

Daytime Emmys Winner, Outstanding Younger Actress (2001)

Daytime Emmys Nomination, Outstanding Younger Actress (2000, 2001, 2003)

• Members

I have never followed B&B so I have no idea what she did on there. I just know she was on their for several years and as you just pointed out was recognized many times for her work. For people who did watch the character of Amber on B&B, is Latham's version of Amber the real Amber? Because if it is, I am glad I never watched B&B :lol:

Archived