OLTL Discussion: Week of March 5th

• Members
Welcome-18-june.gif

Hello-01-june.gif Welcome to the One Life to Live Discussion Thread for the week of March 5th, 2007. We have a lot of Fun-02-june.gif coming up this week, so just set back and enjoy. Hope you enjoy your visit and are prepared to discuss the interworkings of Llanview, PA and OLTL. If so, then you're in the right place.

So, let's begin our discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live...

Door-01-june.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't wait to see David, that is going to be great. However I hate that Viki is not going to be on, that sucks. When is OL going to give Viki some storyline and why aren't they going with Viki/Clint? That is my one big gripe with OL these days, and I want more Nora and Nora/Viki too.

• Members

Why are they backburning Viki year after year? Are they trying to fire Erika Slezak? Because it sure seems like it, and her contract is up this year. I too really wanted to see Viki and Clint together, but it is quite obvious that isn't happening either even though it seems fans overwhelmingly want them as a couple. I don't get the disregard that Higley has with Viki when she really is OLTL. It is sad that Viki is pushed into nothing on this show, very sad. I feel bad for Erika Slezak.

• Members

I only blame Higley in part for this. I blame her totally for the really poor storytelling. To me, it is consistent with the way the Viki character and frankly viewers have been treated during the entire tenure of Frankie V. Yes, part of it can be laid at the feet of Frons and the writers. However, Frankie has been running this show and I blame him equally. He showed his skills on IWABSS.

It seems any couple that is a fan favorite is dissed and replaced with something different. And generally, whatever is happening reflects a Frankie Favorite. Not only are Clint and Dorian a bad couple, it makes both characters look like idiots. Clint is totally ignoring his history with Dorian and the way she has abused his family. Dorian is this just yuk.

I agree. I think, without doubt, they are heading for Clint and Dorian and I find that is reprehensible. It's total disregard for the history of this show. Also, the way they are doing is just ridiculous. They are making Viki out to be this ol homebody fuddy duddy with no life.

So yeah, I blame Frank for what is happening to Viki, in particular, and the Buchanans in general. Had it just been the Hack, I would have seen it differently. But Viki has been treated badly under a series of writers. The one consistent thread is Frank.

• Members

Great post. Clint being with Dorian is sickening to me because the history does not fit. And it seems fans really like Viki and Clint, so why on earth go against that when this show is losing fans right and left? Plus, what does Viki get out of this? Nothing, no more story with either one because Viki will get shoved to the side even more when this Clint/Dorian stuff ends up in marriage as rumors are stating. It really is sad and disgusting how badly Slezak and the character of Viki are being treated on this show, it is really upsetting to me. I really wanted to see Viki and Clint, I am tired of triangles and even more tired of the out of character writing happening on OL with all the recasts. Clint would never choose Dorian over Viki no matter the circumstance, that isn't true to Clint's character.

• Members

I'm just curious about something.....I'm just wondering if some of the reason for Viki's lack of airtime is due to Erika herself.

I know it may sound crazy but hear me out:

First, she's been with show for 36 years (as of the 17th of this month), she likely makes pretty good money, she gets numerous weeks of vacation each yerar, her kids are grown and have their own lives, she is almost 61 years old, she is a 7 time award winner (6 Daytime Emmys and the SOD Award for Best Couple she shares with Mark Derwin), she is in both openings and has been for years, she has established herself as a prominant character on the show, Viki has many family members and friends, Eirka has lots of fans, and she has some pull on the show.

Now, I'm not denying that a lot of the reason behind her lack of airtime has to do with Frons, Higley, Valentini and other bigwigs at ABC....but I can't help but wonder if in some small way, maybe Erika likes not having to work as much these days.

Just something to think about.

• Members

I understand where you're coming from, and if I hadn't of heard words from Erika herself concerning her lack of story, then I'd say, yeah, you're probably right. But Erika is bummed as much as we are that Viki isn't getting story, she has stated that she knows Dena has her pets that she likes to write for, and that Viki is basically not one of them. And honestly, I think Viki/Erika's lack of airtime is about to change.

Now for today's show....

For the first time I liked Dorian. Her scene with John were very funny.

Still say that there is some agenda that Miles has toward the town and the ones that did his brother, Mitch wrong. Or I want to hope so, because I want Miles to have more of an edge.

Always enjoy Rex and Michael. They just keep the humor coming in this "Who killed Spencer?" storyline, and any time I can get Michael without a shirt, I'm one happy camper. LOL.

I for one was looking forward to Todd and Vangie, but now they do nothing for me. I can't stand this whiney Todd, I want the old one back. The one that you had no idea what he was going to do next.

Can't wait to see David tomorrow. To bad he can't take Dorian with him when he leaves town, or goes to jail.

• Members

I hadn't heard what all Erika had to say about her lack of story. That makes me mad...to think they would treat a 36-year veteran like that.

IA...the Dorian/John scenses where funny, funny, funny. :lol:

I loved Rex and Michael too...even their scenes with John. The best part was when Rex asked John if he was going to apologize to them.

The Todd/Evangeline stuff wasn't bad...in fact I rather liked their flirting. Didn't anyone catch Todd telling Evangeline they should start a "lonely hearts club" and become members of it? That's what he and Blair talked about when they first hooked up back years ago. I was wondering if KA had a cold, and Todd answered that question for me when he asked Starr if she had one.

Cole is just not that good...but I did like Marcie grillin' him about being around Starr....and I thought KB looked very hot today in that outfit and with her hair back like that. But then again I always find her hot. ;)

Blair showed some her wonderful motherly skills today didn't she? Her daughter calls her a b*itch, Dorian tells her she needs to ground Starr for talking to her mother that way, and what does Blair do? All she does is say "Eh, she'd just find a way to get around it." And that's that. :rolleyes:

Natalie was eh today.

I did enjoy her scenes with Miles today though, and how they talked about his brother...who Natalie married, even though he was her sister's father. :P

I also liked Miles coming to see Dorian at the end of the show. That one should be interesting

No comment on Tate and Adriana.

I cannot wait to see David again tomorrow. I hope they let him say "I was shooting blanks, just like Kevin Buchanan" just one more time before he leaves again. :lol:

• Members

I enjoyed today's show - liked the Dorian/Blair scenes after Dorian got thrown in jail...

Enjoyed Dorian and John

Glad to see it was acknowledged though that Viki had told Nat about Miles (even though it was offscreen).

Can't wait to see David's reaction to seeing John alive tomorrow! :lol:

Archived