OLTL Discussion: Week of March 5th

• Members

Wednesday's Show:

I LOVE David Vickers!!! "Don't try to kidnap me, I've got low friends in high places." man I've missed that sense of humor of his, hell who am I kidding, I've missed that BOD of his. LOL.

Miles had me giggling on occasion, and as much as I am liking him, they need to get him away from NotMarty. She just sucks the life out of anyone she's in scenes with.

It's always to see Natalie and Bo in scenes, they are always very enjoyable it.

Could care less about Vangie pinning after Cris or Todd, and the same goes for Nash pinning after Jess. Either Cris needs to tell his brother what he found out or keep all the hiinting to himself.

I like Talia. Alot!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved seeing David. Too bad it was with Daytime's most overexposed and boring character. I think it's been a month since this show has given me a McDud free day. Not even Tuc can make me want to watch a scene with John McBain.

Today took Asstonio propping to a new level. How many steps are there to Sainthood: St. Assholio, protector of the pimped and propped.

I was glad Bo fired Natalie, unfortunately that story is also about McDud. Regardless, Bo and Natalie did a good job. I'm not normally an MA fan, but she does enteract well with RSW.

I liked Marty and Miles. Then again, McDud will become a part of the Marty story next week.

This show is down to two characters: McDud the Mighty and Asstonio the Sainted and Mayrtyred.

• Members

I disagree completely. I thought it was idiotic that Marty would care for a drunken man. Alcohol...rape...ring a bell? Miles is boring! Marty is boring! But she's growing on me...Miles means nothing to me until Viki meets him.

David Vickers...please execute him already. Or at least put some clothes on him that cover his crotch. Every word he said was predictable. Boring.

Jessica. Annoying. Shut up already, you're a whore! Antonio needs to go cheat with that Talia girl because I like her a lot more than Jessica at the moment. Tess can come back out and she and Nash can ahve a grand ol time together. That works for me.

Evangeline and Todd bore me to death. I don't really care about her savior complex, she just needs to move on from Todd and get back with Cris.

Blair needs to correct her daughter's mouth. She's such a push-over, how does she expect to be respected and taken seriously?

• Members

I agree Scotty. LOL. Still I enjoyed Marty and Miles and think they have good chemistry. By the way, Viki has met Miles. She met him two weeks ago.

As far as Natalie getting to keep her desk job, it is a soap. How many times has Antonio gotten to keep his job after breaking laws? Then let's look at Antonio investigating a case where he is the victim and John investigating the murder of the man who murdered his father. It's a soap.

• Members

I agree with you too Jess....I really enjoyed watching Marty and Miles today....their scenes just cracked me up. Miles is funny when he's drunk. :lol:

I loved seeing David again....and his sense of humor is priceless.....just wish it was Bo who went after him instead of McDud. That man needs to take a few months off.

The Natalie/Bo stuff was pretty good. All Natalie got was a little slap on the wrist.

Nash/Jessica/Antonio/Evangeline/Layla/Cristian.....yawn. Poor Layla. Her only purpose anymore is to be everyone ear. Everyone tells her their problem. She has no life of her own.

Todd was ok.

Talia is hot! Antonio should dump Jessica and hook up with Talia already.

• Members

This from the network that keeps hiring and firing the same head writer over and over again? :lol:

Seriously though, I agree with you. Even though it is a soap, it would be nice to see OLTL enter the real world a little more often.

• Members

They wonder why soaps aren't respected. They trash them up by not paying close attention to history and overlooking the realistic aspects of things. Believe it or not writers: people do appreciate when stories show research and have a certain amount of relatability. I'm sorry, but I can't relate to stealing evidence at a murder scene and then being bummed I lost my forensics job. Maybe I'm just bored with the show this week and it's making me look at everything more sharply.

• Members

Nice post. You are right....people do admire and appreciate it when the writers research the history, and throw in little references here and there, and also when they try to make storylines seem more realistic.

A little research never hurt anybody. It's a shame how they sometimes constantly disregard history and reality, and just do these far out storylines and completely rewrite a show's history.

It's a slap in the face to each and every longtime viewer who has become invested in the show. And it causes a lot of them to jump ship and quit watching.

Archived