Confirmed Megan Is Out on AMC

• Members

Um, I'm sorry, were you WATCHING General Homicide, Psychic Espionage, and(more recently) Carmen Mesta's Murder? Because he mucked up all those stories with his lamebrained plot twist and beyond terrible story execution. Hamner SUCKS as a writer for daytime TV and that's that.

Margaret DePriest I'll give you, but Scott Hamner? No [!@#$%^&*] way, girlfriend!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LoL! I'm not wishing him on anyone. I am getting a laugh out of this though -- it's about time AMC kicked her ass to the curb! I think it's great for the show and its fans. I'm happy for them all!

I'm just speculating on possible replacements, though. JER will be unemployed soon... it's a logical possibility. He actually might not be that bad on AMC. Despite idiotic storylines, he does focus on the right characters when he headwrites without bringing in a cast of newbies. And without total freedom (he certainly wouldn't have it on ABC, IMO) he wouldn't go too far with crazy storylines like he does on Passions. If it were to really happen though, I hope that AMC has a great cast of scriptwriters, because he's certainly not a character writer... good scriptwriters could help that, though. When he's tweaked a bit, JER can be a fantastic writer.

Maybe the new headwriter is [s.W.S.N.B.N.]. ;)

• Members

Milli Vanilli's mom? No ma'am!

All she will do is have Erica Kane kidnapped by Bin Laden every 6 months and involve Ryan and every other male character on the show in a DL storyline. She'll make all the character's diva !@#$%^&*]es to the max.

Not to mention there will be a new library set with every single book being "Diary of a Lost Girl." Gotta sell them books, sister!

• Members

THANK YOU!

I knew I wasn't going completely crazy and needed to be shipped off to the funny farm. From what I can tell, I too think ratings are up. That's what SON reported last week.

Oh,Frons, this makes ABSOLUTELY no sense.

ARe you trying to sabotage this great show by getting rid of the woman whose incredible Satin Slayer story has SAVED the show?!

• Members

I'm just shocked by the first post. What did Errol mean when he said 'affiliates are getting involved?' Why would affiliates care whether The McTavish was writing this show or not? I just don't get that!

Although I LOVED his last quote, where he said ABC higher-ups would focus on daytime like they did the news division to bring ratings up. I hope ABC STICKS it to NBC for canceling "Passions," PROVES that soaps are still profitable and highly watched and entertaining, and that that fifth hour of "Today" DIES IN THE WATER. .2 Nielsen, anyone?!!!!

Archived