AMC: Soapnet Promo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bah, it still doesn't make sense. I just don't like rewrites. It feels like if we let MMT have little ones like this, then the big ones (ie. Josh) and there will be more, will be seen as okay too.

I don't really care about the players in the storyline, that's not what's bugging me. It's that MMT has the creativity of a 5 year old. :angry:

• Members

I'm kind of surprised. Actually with all the postive reaction AMC is getting. Killing Dixie off, Babe's fake death, Kendell/Zach's climatic showdown with Alex Sr. has paid of for Febuary sweeps. AMC is back in the 2.6-2.8 range and back in 4th place that they were in back in Febuary-April of last year. I never expected AMc to get a gain from this serial killer storyline. But it did. Especially when the major characters were put in danger (Dixie, Babe and Kendell).

I don't care for Alex being the killer. Nor do I care very much about Zendell. But I guess it accomplished what it was set to do. Ratings rise, cutting budget and also progression of story. Don't care at all about Cambius. This entire storyline has been a huge disaster since it started back in December IMO. I also think that AMC is in huge trouble after this storyline is over. They killed off several supporting characters. Which leaves a huge gap in Fusion and also destroys family ties further and there's nothing interesting going on. Kendell is isolated now. She has no friends. Simone, Erin, Dani are all gone. Who is going to be her best friend now? There is no more meat to Fusion. Who is Kendell going to bond with now? Babe. Even I think that's laughable. I guess Megan is going to use Krystal's paternity secret as the major storyline and then use the Kathy/Kate stuff for May sweeps.

I really don't know what Megan is going to do thou. She has burned so many bridges and now seemingly has very few new storyline idea's. I guess Greenlee coming back would be good for story. Disrupt the Kendell/Ryan/Zach/Annie stuff. If it's true. My guess is Zoe's storyline will come to a fork in the road in July.

• Members

I think they are going to set up a corporate storyline with spoilers indicating Zach goes back to Cambius and there was that casting scoop about a corporate pirate and I also think they are opening the door for Michael to come back. If it's true that the Y&R consultants are then AMC could do a corporate storyline since Y&R does those storylines all the time and it's time for somethng other that has that has not been done for a while and I remember enjoying the FEM storyline very much. MMT can probably get most of the cast involved in a corporate storyline which she loves to do. Then she has Krystal's kid, Zoe/Bianca, Kate/Tad and the Annie/Ryan/Greenlee triangle. I think that gives AMC plenty of storylines.

As for who Kendall is going to confide in? Bianca and sadly probably Josh. I'd love if it was Amanda because Kendall and Amanda would bring the pretty.

Archived