Y&R: What is coming next, where will the show go

• Members

Now that we have the Sheila storyline over(though I don't think she is dead, because she is never dead), The Reliquary storyline is coming to end in a few weeks, and so is the Carmen Murder mystery, so with all the main storylines done by the end of this month, what do thing think is going to be happening come March.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the show is strapped for stories at all...

I see Prof Doorbell's involvement in the articfact storyline playing front burner as he continues to manipulate Colleen to get what he wants. This will put Brad and Sharon together, Vicki and JT together and probably somehow put Niki's life in danger.

Amber and Hurricane (stupidest name ever) will get married and he'l be exposed as Jill's son. But Amber and Daniel will hook up on his way out and that will jeopardize her windfall dreams.

Kevin will go off the deep end after Jana's disapearance but will probably be the one to save Colleen. Or better yet, he'll do something really bad.

Victor's planned revenge against Jack will heat up as Jack decides to run for public office. The show will probably take the slow and make Jack's election take place in November. The twists and turns in this story will probably break Sharon and Jack up, possibly bring Phyllis and Jack closer and maybe put Sharon and JiMen together.

Michael will defend Devon and then defend Gloria when her role in the tainted Jabot products is exposed. She'll get what is coming to her, maybe.

I see the spring being all about affairs and musical beds - Sharon/Brad, Vicki/JT, Amber/Daniel, Victor/Zapato.

Basically, more of the same without much momentum or any quality cliffhangers.

• Members

ITA

@ Ian: What story should they tell about Jill's "baby"? There has been zero developemnt for the two months this story is going on and I don't think there ever will be. We know already who's going to end up as the Chancellor heir, mommy & son already know each other - what kind of story is there left!?

• Members

Yeah, Jill's story is dreadful! Absolutely no fire, Katherine and Jill are barely on and from Cane's first appearance we knew he was Phillip although the character is 10 years too young. I hope they do follow through with JillMin, but I doubt it.

I think Latham's new stories will sound really amazing and get us excited then her execution will be pure [!@#$%^&*] like all her other stories. I believe Victor's story may be the only one handled correctly, but of course Eric Braeden didn't get an Emmy Pre-Nom!

I wish they could get a really talented daytime writer to be Latham's co-headwriter, someone who knows how to handle the format better. She can still pitch her stories (most of which are great on paper), but get someone who knows how to pace it for daytime, show us all the character driven drama and RESEARCH FOR HEAVENS SAKE! With just a little more effort the show would be brilliant.

I also believe that the reliquary will last through the year. I'd be highly surprised if it wraps up or if there is any movement. I wonder what they'll give Brad to do next since he's one of her favorites. Why, considering he can't act? No clue! Maybe Amelia Heinle and Melody Thomas Scott can get stories.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 12 2007, 08:53 AM)
Maybe Amelia Heinle and Melody Thomas Scott can get stories.

Probably, they're not too good as actresses so their chances are good... ;):P:lol: *waits for throwing of rotten tomatoes*

I don't expect anything from Victor's story with Jack. It was great last year but for months now it's blah. The Senetor story was a big bust for the most part. Exactly like Jill/Kay. If not even the two biggest character driven feuds on this show don't work anymore who might be to blame for that... :rolleyes:

Archived