AMC: Once the Satin Slayer story is over...what's left?

• Members

The only thing that I think holds any real power in getting people to watch is the journey of Tad finding out that Kate is his. And Zendall if they continue to have strong story.

But that's it. What else is there? The non-couples of Jamie/Julia, Jon/Amanda, & Aidan/Di? I know they all have their fan bases but lets be honest, they can't rest the show on a bunch of story-less pairings.

JR/Babe/Josh part 72?

Erica, Barbara, Jeff and Jackson all acting like 5 year olds as TPTB fill time until they can ditch Walt Willey?

My greatest fear is the SS story will run long enough and create enough interest to get McTavish through April with her job in tact and then the show will lose all energy.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't forget JR/Babe/Josh round 1000,001! Babe will hookup with Josh then dump him and hook back up with JR. Then she will sleep with someone else and steal a baby and hook back with Josh. JR will try and kill her and end almost killing a Kane. Then Babe will lie to get hime off and hook back up with JR.

• Members

IMO, the ship has already sailed for AMC. I can't even make myself sit through an hour of it. Today I decided defrosting my freezer was more intresting than watching.

I wish another soap that was good came on at 12:00 central so I could switch, but since B&B is the other soap, I'll just use that hour for something else.

• Members
That is the story that I was most anticipating but I have now stopped watching since it has been completely ruined for me without Dixie there too.

It's like what happened last year with the Ball Explosion and then I don't remember what happened the rest of the year, except that it was awful and remains awful this year.

I quit as of last Friday. If something sound intriguing I may tune in occasionally but nothing ever sounds intriguing, so that's doubtful. I was going to turn in for the Dixie's funeral but after reading what's it's going to be about .... well, that's not looking too good either.

• Members

The Kate story flat lined right along with Dixie. Without Dixie the story will never have the same emotional impact. It will end up being a triangle between father and son. Which is some place I don't want to see the show go.

• Members

Tzelkos, it's really not that hard. McTavish uses whodunit mystery umbrellas to hide the fact that she can't write stories for the characters individually.

She did "Who Killed Will" back in the early 90's. Then she did "Who Raped TKFP" back in the late 90's... and what's the first thing she did when she returned this third time? "Who Killed Michael Cambias" She uses "Who's the Daddy" stories in the interim.

This is the third murder mystery she's written in 3 1/2 years... the SECOND in a mere 4 months!

So what's left after the Budget Cut Kill-- I mean, Satin Slayer story is over with? Another "Who's the Daddy" story.

That's her pattern. After a "Who Killed" story, she goes into a "Who's the Daddy" story, followed by a "Long Lost Relative" story, and then comes full circle to another "Who Killed" story.

Archived