PSNS: Theory on Chad's Secret Gay Lover

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to agree with him on this note:

'

"Please note: I don't have any inside information or confirmation on this. I'm simply basing my conjecture on what I saw and heard as a viewer of today's episode. All you had to do was pay attention to those sexual innuendos in Passions' typically bawdy dialogue!

Just to recap: Vincent confronted Ethan, looking for tabloid scoop on his split from wife Gwen. Chad then stepped in and broke up a violent scuffle between Ethan and Vincent.

After Vincent left, Chad assured Ethan that he would stop Vincent from pursuing the story by "giving him something bigger to chew on."

Ethan's response: "What are you gonna do, throw him a bone?"

"

I was shocked and stunned that NOBODY mentioned those lines of dialogue in a "Passions" thread, or any I've seen yet. It's almost too easy. The lines are incredibly shocking and send messages immediately that they're talking about something else.

• Members

I think it is better this way, in some aspects. Chad is already being destroyed by this. And I think it would be too risky to destroy another male character on the show who clearly has liked women for a long period of time (even Jarod).

But on the other hand, the fact that he is having an affair with a man is not shocking because he's been running around screaming "I did NOT cheat on you with a WOMAN, Whitney!" So, I guess it would have been nice to have the identity of the lover be shocking.

It's kind of a Catch-22 JER created for himself. At this point, the show has nothing to lose so I guess they could make it a shocking male character. I think Noah may have been the best bet? Reeling from Fancy's break-up and yadda yadda.

• Members

That's just the point! JER is risking NOTHING now that he's dealing with an already cancelled show! There will be no longevity with any of these characters so why not just go ahead and make the identity of the lover a shocker? Lord knows we've tuned in faithfully and waited long enough. At least let the reveal have real pizazz!

• Members

Who is the most obvious and predictable person it could be?

Exactly, Vincent. Go with that answers because that is all JER has done in the past few years with these big reveals. First, Rachel as the mystery woman and then Al as the monk. It's going to be Vincent and all signs point to that. The only other person it may be is if that Jared evil twin rumor comes true. Then it could the twin or Jared. That is about all I can see it being.

• Members

Doubt it's Hank.

It would be a good choice but that character is gone and forgotten. It's not going to be shocking. All these mystery identity stories JER has done lately are predictable and hardly ever shock. I will be sure to eat crow if it's anyone but Vincent or if the Jared twin theory comes into play but I can't see the resolution being anything but those two choices.

It's a shame about Hank. Lots of potential. I always liked Dalton James's Hank but the second guy was ok. I wanted a Hank/Gwen pairing so bad but not got it.

Archived