Y&R: Hack Marie Latham forgot Doug Marland's 6th rule

• Members

6) Don't change a core character. You can certainly give them edges they didn't have before, or give them a logical reason to change their behavior. But when the audience says, "He would never do that," then you have failed.

Not only is it insulting that Sheila would actually waste her brilliant genius Napoleon Bonaparte worthy mind on a facet-less whore like Lauren, but that she would actually change her face to look like another repugnant, lewd & classless skank is downright LAUGHABLE! Face it, Michael Baldwin, once a badass and an outsider and a freak has really lowered his standards hanging out with do-gooding turds like Lauren, Phyllis & Nick - and now we have the most bizarre choice of four-set friendship characters EVER seen on daytime (lets see, a rapist, a conniving judgemental slut, a butter wouldnt melt sociopath who prides herself with having a sense of humor and a clueless goofy heir to a business empire?). Latham's writing is really plot driven because in reality, these characters have NOTHING in common and are only buddied together as the plot deems it conveniant.

Sheila is not STUPID enough to get out of a prison and go straight over and land in a new jam by taking 5 plus people hostage or whatever the hell they are doing in the space of a week. The only reasoning that i can think of is that this Phyllis lookalike is a psychotic inmate of some facility on the payroll from Sheels to teach the self obsessesed assholes of Genoa City a lesson once and for all, and hey if the Phyllis clone has to die in the process so be it. I'm sure she'd agree with Sheila that she had no quality of life in a nuthouse anyway, so why not go out in a blaze of bullets whilst destroying the lives of those who really deserve it?

Sheila IS brilliant enough in her mind to send a decoy to f*ck with people... and that is what she has done i believe. And you cant blame the real Sheila for this storyline cause its not really Sheila. :lol::lol: You'll have to blame the decoy for its absurdity, so Michelle S... step right up darling! Here's another Emmy for wasting 4 months of your life on a show without one creative storyline.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Baldwin has been neutered since time. I liked it better when he and Victor disliked one another.

As for Sheila, the face may have changed, but the name remains the same. IMHO Sheila is a nutjob (duh!), so nothing she does seems out of character to me anymore.

• Members

I like this version of Sheila.

She's one sick puppy...and scary looking!

Some of those looks she gives creeps me out.

Michelle is doing a great job so far with the role I think.

I only seen that dark haired woman Kimberly(?) a few times as Sheila on B&B when she 'killed' Taylor. I wasn't that blown away with her.

She was kind of forgettable on Port Charles too, but that could have been just the role.

But anyways...I like this Sheila.

I also like Lauren. I never think of her as being a slut though.

I have only been a viewer for 5 months now...guess she is an ex-slut?

I hope Sheila gets killed off once and for all though at the end of all this.

She deserves something shocking and gruesome for the climax...didn't this show once kill somebody off in a garbage grinder?

Maybe blow her up like Jason Vorhees...lol

I've read about some of Sheila's past crimes. She has tormented people.

Killed people over and over. It's time she pays once and for all. Sheila must die.

• Members

Okay...I just looked at Marland's banner.

Kimberlin.

I thought it was something odd, but didn't know how to spell it.

Oops.

Marland, I watch Y&R everyday.

And I think that wack job needs to be killed off at the end of this storyline.

My opinion.

Don't be rude and salty.

So get outta my face.

I didn't know this was the I love the old Sheila thread.

• Members

Well, at the rate she's going, Lynn "The Super Hack" Latham might soon be out of a job anyway. And what justice for OUR Sheila that would be! :D

Kimberlin's creation deserves FAR better than what LML has done to her. FAR better.

• Members

LOL Marland, you are cracking me up!!!

And Greg, he's right. You think that Sheila should be killed after one month of story? You haven't seen Kimberlin's portrayal of her for the past (i think) 15 years. You didn't see her becoming who she is. You haven't seen what she's been through and you have no idea WHY she's like she is.

• Members

The Y&R writers have shown complete ignorance with regard to their knowledge of Sheila's history in relation to the current story. Kimberlin's Sheila would be looking to get with her own children and would be avoiding any scenarios that would involve this constant conflict with the folks she's had problems with. Another thing, they talk about how someone always ends up dead when Sheila escapes ??...sorry, but the only person we know she killed for certain was that guy Lance whom she smothered with honey to attract bees. The psychiatrist Dr. Garvin, he fell over the balcony during a heated argument with her. There have been rumors of her killing certain doctors over the years but it's all circumstancial. The Y&R team has destroyed this character.

Archived