Y&R: Hack Marie Latham forgot Doug Marland's 6th rule

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, this way over rated actress, Kimberlin Brown, is not on the show anymore now is she?

So the only Sheila I know is this one. Played by Michelle whatever her last name is.

I don't care about Sheila's journey over the years to becoming the complete crazy [!@#$%^&*] that she is today.

And I don't care at all about what happened with Sheila in 1996 or whatever.

Seriously.

"Oh poor misunderstood psycho"...boo hoo.

So she just killed extras so that makes her crimes ok?

Murder is murder.

She has tried to kill how many people now? Lauren,Taylor,Stephanie,Maggie,...

Either she needs locked up or needs to be killed off once and for all...or what? She slips into the night until she returns with another new face?...

How about Dru's face?

Maybe she gets a sex change so she can look like Victor?...lol

Some act like KB wrote her own storylines or something.

I've seen her act on two other soaps and she was not all that.

This woman will never be in a league with the other soap legends, IMO.

She is no Reva, She is no Viki, She's no Luke.

No matter how much you wave your freak flag.

But go ahead and insult people because you're not getting your own way...

Get all cranky if ya want.

It's ok...my son gets like that too when it's past his nap time.

I have some extra binkies if you need something to suck on.

Wait...that sounds [!@#$%^&*]y-ish.

Not my goal here...

Just lay off the insults...Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view does not make them wrong or stupid.

• Members

^Was that really neccessary?

But to the topic on hand, LML has basically went against every single one of Marland's Rules. But it's not because of what she did to Sheila (who isn't really a stable of Y&R) but moreso of what she did to the show as a whole. It's sad and pathetic.

• Members
Point to Latham, she watched.

Half a point, she tried but clearly didn't understand.

No points.

Ha! Latham clearly has favorites (Phyllis, Dru, Brad, Amber) and begrudgingly writes for those who aren't her favs (Kay and Jill).

She has done this but to what great effect? None from what I've seen.

This has been more than covered here.

This rule has been broken and beaten and raped and mangled and tortured for the past year. AMBER, Korbel, Cane, David Chow Wong Foo, Carmen, Jana, Maggie, Bardwell...

Latham's brought in her own team, dropping long time writers. She's brought on people she's failed with in primetime, people who have failed spectacularly on other soaps, and those who managed to keep Y&R at the top have been let go.

Jerry Douglas was gone in 2 months.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! No points.

• Members

Great commentary Darn.

Sadly just about everything you said is true. But even sadder is that every bit of it applies to every new writer that has taken over a show in the last 2 years to 3 years.

Let's see:

Passanante (ATWT) - yes broke them all

McTavish (AMC) - yes broke them all

Higley (OLTL) - broke them all and then some more

Sheffer (Days) - some will say no but yes he has - he has broken every one of them at times - some might not necessarily be his fault but they fall under his tenure and his decisions have been made more glaring because of some of them

Kriezman (GL) - yes broke them all

Technically Latham is no worse than any of the others. Sadly that is not saying much.

• Members

Soaps seem to be run differently behind the scenes nowadays in comparison to the days of soap production when this list of rules was written. Of course, headwriters do deserve alot of the blame, but I also think that alot of things are out of their control in today's world where everything is run by committee.

Archived