GL 02/01

• Members

Well, since we were offline most of the day Thursday I noticed no one opened up a thread on Thursday's GL, which may have been one of the best in years.

Justin Deas was his usual best. I knew he was going to go over and give Alan a dressing down.

Someone give Tina Sloan more to do as Lillian. She took simple scenes with Lizzie yesterday and made them sparkle.

And Kim and Tom? That final scene was gut-wrenching.

Here's your Emmy reel, GL. Submit it and make the most of it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yesterday was good.I have been a critic of my second best show but I have to admit that the show seems to be getting better for me.

I love Tina Sloan.I wish they'd use her more. I'd like to see scenes with Lillian and Alexandria since they are supposed to be buddies.

Did I miss Beth yesterday? Did they explain where she was? I kept thinking that maybe some of those scenes with Lizzie were written for Beth and maybe she wasn't availiable.

I loved the Liliian -Lizzie scenes but Beth should have been there for her daughter.

Overall the show was goiod.Justin Deas is such an over-the -top actor and I love it.

• Members

Great show. I loved Jonathan and Reva's scenes. I only cringed once or twice. Most of it was toned down just the right amount. It felt like Kim was saying goodbye to Tom, but also like Reva and Jonathan were saying goodbye. It was good that they gave the audience that info that Jonathan had indeed faked their deaths.

Buzz going to Alan...I like Buzz, and I like Justin Deas, I just don't understand why he would be the one to try to talk some sense into Alan. Maybe that's why he's the best choice.

I didn't really feel Lizzie and Alan's loss. It felt like they've already moved on and I didn't see emotion from them. I was expecting Lizzie to never set foot in Alan's home again.

• Members

I really thought Jonathan and Sarah died when they didn't show him until 20 minutes into the show. Pheww...part of me wishes that they had ended it there but Jonathan did come to town for Reva and for her to be the last person he says goodbye to was fitting.

Justin Deas was over-the-top in that scene but I still enjoyed his performance. It's amazing how Alan still thinks that Jonathan's to blame for everything that's happened.

Marcy Rylan has a tendency to go really over-the-top but she really toned down the hysterics yesterday and pulled a subtle performance. Bravo. Lizzie questioning why she was still alive when Tammy, Jonathan, and Sarah were all dead was moving. I loved that Lillian was there...she seems to be the only one who brings out the 'human' Lizzie.

• Members

Alan and Buzz have a very sordid history together, so I loved how Buzz gave his two cents on the matter. It was very classic GL to me to have that confrontation.

The final scenes between Jonathan and Reva were achingly good. Although I must admit I thought Reva was in on the act the whole time because her scenes at the police station were less emotional and affected than I would've expected Reva to be. But she made up for it in the second half of the show.

I loved Lizzie's comment, too, where she wondered why she was the only person left alive. "Perhaps that's my punishment?" Good stuff.

Off-topic from today's events... we haven't seen Company in awhile. Wanna bet the next time we see it it'll be completely remodeled, just as The Towers was redone overnight? Just an observation.

• Members

NF was fantastic again today! Now that Stephanie Gatschet's gone, she's my favourite actress on the show. I loved seeing Cassie slap Alan when he tried blaming Jonathan for Tammy's death. :o I wasn't expecting that at all! Cassie spazzing out at Josh about the Jeva kiss and telling him not to stay with her (Cassie) out of pity was a great scene as well.

Next to NF, Ricky Paull Goldin also put in a good performance with the Gus/Alan scenes. I often forget that those two are related and it was great to see how Gus really feels about his father. Often, we only see what Lizzie and less often, what Alan-Michael thinks of Alan.

Archived