Cady to DOOL?

• Members

Cady would make a great Horton girl: Jennifer, Melissa, Sarah, Sandy or a Grayson member from Alice's Side, we don't know anyone from Alice side of the family. Create a new story for Hope/Doug/Julie and a woman coming to town claiming to be Doug's daughter and have someone compete for Doug's Love with Hope and Julie. build up the Dimera Clan, cast her a DiMera cousin (sometimes cousin don't do to well on Days, look at Colin Murphy) or maybe even cast her as a new Kiriakis or someone from Maggie's family, we don't know any of the Simmons. You really don't have to recast just had on new characters and tie them to Vets on the show, and you have a beautiful story, if it is written correctly.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could see Cady coming on as Kristen if Hogan had no plans to ever show Susan. He could find a way to explain the backstory without ever showing Susan. Now, I know that people say that no character is non-recastable, but I think we can all agree that no one actress can play the role of Susan Banks except for Eileen. Cady would have to not only learn the mannerisms of Kristen, but the many many many mannerisms of Susan as well. It would be a bad idea.

Kristen, yes. Susan, hell no!

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 2 2007, 01:20 PM)
I don't think she's strong enough to be a recast of this role. What about Kristina Wagner? I've always pegged her as the perfect Jennifer, but she should be able to handle a role like Kristen.

OH GOD, please no!

• Members

I have felt that way in the past too but have had to eat those words. I am at the point now I think any role can be recast if done right.

If casting directors and the producers felt that way the soap world would have missed out on:

Peter Bergman as Jack Abbott and Jack would have been gone when Terry Lester left (because no one thought he could be replaced)

Jess Walton as Jill Foster Abbott (many felt that both Brenda Dickson or Deborah Adair were irreplaceable on the show)

Many felt that no one could replace Robin Strasser as Rachel on AW but the producers felt different and we got Victoria Wyndham.

No one felt that Gillian Spencer could be replaced as Victoria Lord but the producers didn't feel that way and Vicki stayed around and we got Erika Slezak.

The same way for both Nancy Pinkerton and Claire Malis as Dorian. Everyone loved them but TPTB still kept the character when both left, and we got Robin Strasser.

I just have come to learn that any role can be recast if they do it right. The key is finding the right one. Many of the recasts have come to be more popular than the original.

• Members

IA.

The only characters that I feel are TRULY unrecastable are Nancy Hughes, Alice Horton and Lisa Miller.

And to a lesser extent Bob and Kim Hughes, Stephanie Forrester, Audrey Hardy and Erica Kane.

I have no idea bout Y&R.

• Members

I would love it if Y&R snapped up Cady the way they did VI. I would also love to see her back on ATWT, although I know there are reasons that's unlikely to happen.

I agree about nearly every role being recastable though. Just look at Edward on GH. John Ingle is wonderful. The Jack Abbott example is a good one. Lots of people love TSJ as Todd. The list goes on and on.

Archived