ATWT: What is this I hear about Emily becoming a....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to a site I go to....this whole thing with hookers/Robin Mattson IS Emily's exit storyline. Not sure of the wording at the site but the whole thing makes it seem like Emily won't get pregnant but leave unser some sort of circumstance...

[ Maybe she gets mixed up with the wrong client and finds her life in danger or something....:huh: ]

• Members

That's just stupid.

Jean P is getting back to her old tricks of writing stuff out of left field. This woman knows how to destroy a good soap. The writer to take over Shaffer HAD TO BE A HACK! Why couldn't the good times continue?

ATWT is turning into what AMC and AW were under her.

• Members

A Dutch soap in the Netherlands also had a storyline about becoming a hooker. The girl was 16 years old and felt in love with a 17 year old boy. He told her he loved her and wanted to have a life with her and more. But all he wanted was her working for him. So she started to sell her body to other people and she gave her boyfriend the money. He was a loverboy, and the story was well written.

• Members

KMH was interviewed about it in today's NY Daily News....she's really funny LOL! But yeesh, this story sounds majorly depressing. I mean I can see the character motivation, Emily doesn't think, she does want some love and attention, but yeesh...Emily hasn't been through enough in the past year?

The Not So Happy Hooker

By Carolyn Hinsey

Emily drowns her sorrows this week and wakes up with a new career - as a prostitute.

"It's the last thing she expects," chortles Kelley Menighan Hensley, who plays Emily. "She doesn't set out to say, 'Okay, I'm going to try hooking.'"

Emily hits the bar after her ex - husband Tom (ed. note...Emily was NOT married to Tom but ok lol) informs her he's sending their son Daniel to boarding school.

"Everything is falling apart for her," says Hensley. "Her boy says he wants to go away because of all the crap she's caused in his life. She's lost Daniel, she's lost any sense of a love life and her job owning half the Intruder is just punching the clock. So, at the end of the day, she just goes 'I need a drink'."

Emily heads for the Lakeview, where she finds herself on the receiving end of some kindness from strangers.

"This cute guy comes over and pays a little attention to her, and she thinks, 'I'm going to have a quick fling and forget my troubles,' and she does. Then, she wakes up in the morning and finds $1,000 on the bedside table!"

Gulp.

"I buy it hook, line, and sinker," asserts Hensley. "They've developed this character so that it makes sense. She has lacked any kind of male figure in her life from the very beginning. She's the quintessential nonthinker. She finds herself in these situations and does not think twice. 'So what if it's dangerous? I've got nothing to lose. No one cares for me.' But to wake up and find the cash...who knew she was that good?"

The handsome stranger apparently.

"He calls her back and says how great it was and could he give her number to a friend?" says the actress. "And then, the story takes a real turn."

Hensley admits she was taken aback by the story line, but not for the reasons you might think.

"I'm pregnant in real life," she shares, "so it was a little tricky filming it. The actor was a big guy, and I didn't know him. He wanted to lie on top of me and finally I had to say 'Dude! Off the baby!'"

• Members

This is ridiculous. No matter how desperate she is, there is no way Emily would resort to prostitution at this point in her life. Passanante, you SUCK.

Every time I think ATWT can't get any worse than it already is, JP finds a way to prove me wrong. Would someone PLEASE fire her NOW???

Archived