This is getting old......

juniorz1

• Members

Wanna know why that thread was closed?

Offensive, even if it wasn't intended to be.

Offensive, even if it wasn't intended to be

Offensive, even if it wasn't intended to be

Offensive, even if it wasn't intended to be.

The words he used should not have continued to be used. Whether or not he used the "offensive" term or the "accepted by some" term is not the point. The word shouldn't be said period. When you receieve 9 different PMs regarding those comments, action will be taken.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hands down, one of the best posts in this thread...

I know that I am a human of mix ethnicity and I am a gay man, but those two things are FAR from the only thing that defines me.

I totally see the original point of this thread too, we are not going to get anywhere if we don't talk about these things and get them out in the open. Bottling them all up is only asking for problems.....

Hopefully people that come here to post can finally start to realize that we CAN have intelligent conversations/debates without resorting to out right predjudice...

Peace!

M.

• Members

Yea Ryan, like.....What the hell? You took your Mod liberty and closed that thread so you have no reason to bring any post back, mine or anyone elses. You can be a Mod all you want but that was fucked up. I feel the way I feel and no one can take that from me. Others feel the way they do. For you to take my post and repeat the same thing in a new thread is jacked up. Get off your high horse. You also mentioned the 9 pms. Let those members PM me and we can work it out privately, not in the face of the whole [!@#$%^&*] board.

• Members

First off Jay, it's not like the thread was hidden. It was on the freakin second page of this section. I have the right to bring any post back, moderator or not (provided that it's available). What I did wasn't fucked up. Someone wanted to know why it was closed and I gave it to them. Anyone could have said that, but they didn't.

I am not trying to change the way you feel or take anything away from you.

I'm not on my high horse, I was making a point. A point that anyone else could have made. Had you freakin thought because you said what you said, maybe the damn thread would still be open.

I could have warned you (and I should have based on the complaints) but I didn't. Instead, I closed the thread.

• Members

Oh, screw it, I'm not holding it in any longer.

God forbid there might actually be some impassioned, heated debates, especially about important issues that should be dealt with. But I suppose it's better just to whitewash (no pun intended) over them all together. :rolleyes:

This is a message board. I could care less about being called a name.

• Members

Shawn, I got your back on this one. In no way should someones' taste be considered hateful or racist. Just because one person is attracted to another kind of person doesn't mean that 'all of a sudden' they hate anyone else.

I'm of mixed heritage, Latino/European, and I happen to find myself attracted to caucasion men more so than other men. That doesn't mean I would never date a person based on their race, just means that's what I'm attracted to.

• Members

Ryan let me ask you something. When have you or any other Mod explained yourself. That was a part of the problem before. You closed and didn't explain. What I am saying is I dont know why the hell you chose to all of a sudden start "explaining", Maybe you realized that we are entitled to it, Whatever the case may be. You said the thread was public, Let those members Go and see it, For you, A Moderator to bring it back is only going to cause more uproar. You are supposed to be the problem solver.

• Members

I'm the exact same way too. I'm bi, and the only type of men I prefer are white. Does that make me a racist? Hell no it doesn't! But then again, my sexual preferences are no one's business but my own, so no one better dare judge me for them.

• Members

Awww.....I'm sorry that you didn't know that the words you were using (no matter in what way you were trying to say it) weren't allowed. Did someone have to tell you that those words aren't allowed here? You should know by now.

I don't have to ever explain why I do the things that I do. For the record, I usually do give an explanation as to why threads that I close are in fact closed. In this case, it wasn't necessary because everyone should have been able to see why.

I chose to explain myself in the past because I felt (and still do) that people should know why their threads are being closed.

I am explaining myself now because a member (who I consider to be my friend) asked a question. I presented him the evidence why. Just because you disliked having the things that you said be used to prove a point is so not my problem.

Archived