Exclusive CW Stars Defend Isaiah Washington

Ryan

• Members
Exclusive CW Stars Defend Isaiah Washington

By Kristin Veitch Tomorrow at 4:25 am

It seems everyone in Hollywood has been talking about the Isaiah Washington f-word scandal this week. And let me tell you, the Television Critics Press Tour in Pasadena has been no exception, with reporters, publicists and actors alike weighing in on the controversy when the cameras and tape recorders weren't rolling. But a few brave souls voiced their opinion on the record.

The first was Neil Patrick Harris, who told me at the CBS party that he found the whole scandal "extremely disappointing," and that he has "nothing but respect for T.R. [Knight], who has held it together like a champ."

And now, I can tell that two other TV stars are going on the record to stick up for Washington. Tichina Arnold and Terry Crews, who play Chris' mom and dad on the CW's Everybody Hates Chris are the first two public figures to come to Isaiah's defense.

During an on-camera interview at the CW party, I asked the Chris stars how they felt about the Grey's scandal and Tichina said: "Mind your business and move on. Be professional, and move on. See, what people don't understand is that by the time a story comes out, it's changed at least 50 times. When you're on set, you're at home with family, with people you work with every day. These people become your family and families have disagreements. If every argument that came out of your house was told in the streets, people would think you guys are nuts, probably, because they'd be privy to your business."

She continued: "And things happen, you know? And [isaiah] has apologized. Let's move on. His personality has nothing to do with his professionalism and how he works and what a good actor he is. I know him personally, and he's a wonderful guy. He and his wife. So, let's move on. Michael Richards apologized and we moved on."

Terry added: "I know Isaiah is a wonderful guy. I know him and his wife very well. You know, it's like she said. If someone was to catch you in a road rage...Everybody's been through it. It is a family. Things get said and you know, tensions get tight. I mean, I love these two [hugs Tichina and Tyler James Williams, who plays Chris], and sometimes [laughing], I wanna kill them! There are times that I'm like, 'I wanna kill this little kid!' But you have to let that go and continue on."

Terry also mentioned that while they get to take out some of their aggressions via their characters, "Grey's Anatomy has a more dramatic theme, and you don't get to let off steam, and that's a big cast."

When I asked if they'd want to invite Isaiah over to the Chris cast, Tichina said,"Yeah, he's an incredible actor." And Terry added: "We want McDreamy, too!"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, I believe this article is fake -- just like the GL one. Look at the dateline for the article: just like the GL one, it says "tomorrow."

HA!

What a CROCK!

Sorry, jerk who made up this article. You are fooling NOBODY. Talk to your geocities/shopwhatever loser and BEAT it!

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon! I did a DOUBLE check on the article's accuracy and it seems it's legit. It's from Kristin's E! Entertainment News blog.

• Members

Isaiah seems to be the ONLY person bringing up the whole fight...I don't see any of the other actors on GA talking about it everywhere they go...if he wants it to die down and not discussed, then maybe he should just stop talking about it every chance he gets...The first few times was fine, because he was defending himself; however, now, it's just getting to be a bit too much.

• Members
Sorry, I believe this article is fake -- just like the GL one. Look at the dateline for the article: just like the GL one, it says "tomorrow."

HA!

What a CROCK!

Sorry, jerk who made up this article. You are fooling NOBODY. Talk to your geocities/shopwhatever loser and BEAT it!

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon! I did a DOUBLE check on the article's accuracy and it seems it's legit. It's from Kristin's E! Entertainment News blog.

Lol, I don't post fake stuff. If I see an article, I double check to make sure it's legit.

;)

• Members

"There are times that I'm like, 'I wanna kill this little kid!' But you have to let that go and continue on."

Okay, if I were that kid who plays Chris, I would be REALLY scared right now. That is just shocking that the guy who plays the father on that show actually went on the record and said he gets THAT mad at a teenager! He's an adult, and this teenager, someone who's not his family member, and someone who, according to reports, is a consummate professional and responsible, NICE guy, somehow makes him THAT mad? I'm sorry but SOMEBODY may have anger management problems!

GET HELP!

• Members
"There are times that I'm like, 'I wanna kill this little kid!' But you have to let that go and continue on."

Okay, if I were that kid who plays Chris, I would be REALLY scared right now. That is just shocking that the guy who plays the father on that show actually went on the record and said he gets THAT mad at a teenager! He's an adult, and this teenager, someone who's not his family member, and someone who, according to reports, is a consummate professional and responsible, NICE guy, somehow makes him THAT mad? I'm sorry but SOMEBODY may have anger management problems!

GET HELP!

That part was supposed to be a joke. My parents joke like that way too.

Defending IW is a crock though. Those two know nothing about what happened on that set, and really should stay the hell out of it.

• Members

Tichina Arnold was also on AMC.

Why are they defending him? IW made the comment at the Golden Globes for everyone to see and other GA cast members have verified the first fight on the set. Everyone knows he's a homophobe.

Even singer John Mayer is weighing on his blog. He thinks IW should turn gay on the show.

• Members
Even singer John Mayer is weighing on his blog. He thinks IW should turn gay on the show.

I was thinking about that just today. Would IW character turning gay, change their mind about him? In an odd way that would prove he has learned his lesson and educate him on homosexuality.

Archived