Exclusive CW Stars Defend Isaiah Washington

Ryan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How different is this from when Jerry Seinfeld defended Michael Richards on Letterman? All IW said was faggot. I have seen some gays who refer to themselves as fags as do black people who call eachother nigga. Myself, as a black man doesn't see why people want IW to be hung(non-literally). So what, he used the word. Now some would say the same about MR, but with him, it was different, he was obviously spewing hatred when he made the pitchfork up the ass comment. Being a homophobe isn't even on the same level as being a racist. Let it go. Michael Richards is a racist, IW is a homophobe, so what? What can we do execpt hope these men get help. Dont come off on Terry and Tischina because they are defending their friend. Seinfeld did it and no one was [!@#$%^&*]ing at him like this, or not that I know of.

• Members

Hate is hate, so bigotry IS racism. Neither one is better than the other. Its the thought of one being inferior to another, equivalent to someone calling one an animal. Michael Richards shouldn't have been defended, and now, neither should IW. They should pay for their actions at the hands of the public that they so stupidly showed off their hatred to.

• Members

An honest question? Does saying faggot really show hate? Some dont get it. With Michael Richards, the thing that showed his hate was him making the reference to slavery, not the use of the word, Anyone can say the word and they dont have to be racist, black people do it all the time. Hell, I know it is wrong, but I said it in college. Calling someone a faggot doesnt mean that they hate a group, It is just using the word.

• Members

Okay, now you have gone too far. I am gay, and when I am walking down the street minding my own business, and some homophobic BIGOT calls me a dirty faggot and yells that I "should burn in hell with all the other pillow biters", IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, to me, THAT is hatred.

What u are saying is ludicrous. It doesn't matter WHERE or HOW you use the word, whether it be f****t or n****r. Saying it at all says you have no respect for your fellow man and that, to me, in BRIGHT SHINY COLORS, is hatred.

• Members

Im sorry that people have said that to you but like I said before, There are gays who use the word amongst themselves. Just like black people, when you use the word to yourselves, others are going to use it too. Like I said, Im sorry bigots have said things like that to you, but these people just didn't pull it out of their asses, they heard it from other gays who use it amongst themselves. The same can be said about African Americans who say nigga, in any context. You cannot get mad when people use it, when you use it yourselves. Now Shawn, I am not saying you, personally use it, but other gays have, so the circumstances should be re-evaluated before you go taking it personally.

• Members

LoL!

Most generally, when you call someone a degoratory name, such as "chink," "nigger," "faggot," "gook," it's a way of showing distaste for someone who is different... be it a different race or sexual orientation. You're saying that the only thing that 'showed Michael Richards hate' was his reference to slavery. So, if he had only said, "I'm gonna come down there and kick your ass you nigger," that would've been fine? No reference to slavery there! I don't think so.

I used to hate it when someone would say "that's so gay," but I've come around to it. Using the word 'gay' to describe something negatively can be taken as associating 'gay' with 'bad.' Over time, though, I think people have just started saying it because they're used to saying it, and so it doesn't bother me much anymore. Even I say it now. I even call people flamers... not because I dislike gay people, but because some people simply ARE flamers. There's nothing wrong with being a flamer. You simply are what you are. Of course, it also depends on how it's said. There's a difference between "that dude's a flamer" and "yuck, look at that nasty [!@#$%^&*] flamer!" In the case of Michael Richards and Isaiah Washington, it appears to have been the latter in regards to nigger/faggot... and that's not good.

• Members

Just because a group within a group may say the words amongst themselves, does NOT make it any less derogatory! It does NOT take away from the hurtful, hateful, mean spirited intentions behind them. I'm not going to sit by and forget that I've ever seen/experienced bigotry simply because another homosexual said those same words in jest. Do NOT tell me not to be angry when I have every justification in feeling just that.

• Members

Shawn. Okay, you got it. I wont tell you how angry to be. When people use hateful words in jest, they are not using hateful intentions. The words very well may be bad such as fag and nigga, but people of these origins, are not making it any better by using them amongst themselves. As Much as I hate to say it, IW and MR cannot be fully blamed. Of course, they can be blamed because they said the stuff, but that kind of behavior is encouraged, by gays and in this case blacks themselves. Just tell me you understand that and we can end this. I totally understand your point and I am in no way excusing the dumbass antics of these 2 men.

• Members

Yeah, friends often make fun of one another in that good natured ribbing sort of way... but it doesn't appear as if Isaiah and T.R. were close friends, LoL.

Plus, I find that often times when me and my gay friends jokingly call one another a fag, we're not really making fun of one another. We're just making fun of those who are homophobic by imitating their dialogue. It's like a brotherhood of some sort. Just like with family... we can lightheartedly make fun of our own, but if anyone else does, there will be hell to pay.

Archived