ATWT: Will something be done now before it's too late?

• Members

Now that ATWT has hit a new low. Will changes be made. Will Jean get fired finally? Will ATWT get nenewed in May? So many questions and no answers yet.

Why is ATWT in bad shape:

1. Carly/Simon were so contrived. There was no romance/sparks between them. Why were they paired as a couple? They were boring as he$$.

2. Carly/Jack were destroyed in the process. Carly is an evil person with no morals anymore. She left her children and let her ex-husband deal with the mess she made. Carly was ruined as she stood there while her former love was attacked and beaten without stopping the madnes she caused.

3. Gwen/Iris/Will/Adam are boring. The story has been told before and is being told all over again. Gwen and Will have now become the most boring couple on ATWT. NuAdam was a bad recast to begin with. He has no chemistry with Gwen. Adam's character is being changed to fit the storyline. This quad have been on way too much. They are boring and this story has been told. Let's move on.

4. Paul NuVisions. It is obvious no one is warming up to this storyline. Who really cares about Paul's new visions. It is another stupid storyline written by Jean Passanante. ATWT fans can only invision that Paul loses his powers because no one cares for this story.

4. Where are the vets and their storylines. Give the long term vets a storyline worthy of them. Don't use them as supporting roles.

5.Lily/Faith/Holden storyline is another doozy. It is so boring and dumb. Anyone getting the pattern of Jean's writing? Lily having weight issue problems? When? She has had how many kids now? And now she has these issues. Plus, NuFaith is annoying as he$$. Give this great supercouple a storyline they can sink their teeth in. Not his pity of a storyline.

6.Backburn Katie as soon as Mike leaves. She has out stayed her welcome in Oakdale. She is not needed in Oakdale. Write her off the show.

7.Bet rid of Brad Snyder this instant. He is not needed. He is just for eye candy. His storyline will flop and the actor will be gone by May.

8.Where is Luke? His storyline was so embrassed by many. Why was his storyline dropped? Why was a good thing just halted? This was one good storyline working for ATWT yet the writers dropped it so fast.

9. Let Oakdale residents have rooting value again. Where are all the good people in Oakdale hiding? Bring back good vs evil. And stop evil vs evil. No one is rootable so why should ATWT even watch.

10.The most important reason ATWT is bad right now...Jean Passanante horrid, repetitive, boring writing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with a lot of what you said.

Carly/Simon seemed to be no more than a vehicle for Maura's leave.

I love Paul, and I love Roger Howarth, but this storyline is awful. I like Paul as more the manipulative Stenbeck, like he was during the Paul/Rose/Dusty triangle and the baby switch. Was he RIGHT in those instances? No but he was fun to watch for me. This having psychic visions and being the good guy isn't doing it for me. And if we must have these 'visions', can he at least start using them as the son of James would?

I also agree about NuAdam.

I also think there's a huge lack of integration / history. I'll give them points for this week, having a lot of people involved in the search for Daniel and the Hughes scenes. But I'm STILL waiting for Barbara to comment ONSCREEN about her granddaughter's death. And dropped stories...why are Dusty and Craig not going full force after Johnny? I know Lucy and Johnny left but if they were just going to have Dusty and Craig wait around and take phone calls for information about them, they needed to come up with a different exit.

• Members

I am not an ATWT viewer but even I notice the show is not very good right now. I know Jean P from way back. Even I know She is not a good writer from the goings on she has showed me before. But Stupidity took over and shes attacking the dignity of another show. had it be me as EP, Jean would not be on my staff at all, After Hogie left, I may have recurited the Cullitons to come back and write. Then i would Hire All of the Y&R writers that were fired.

• Members

In this weeks SOW, mail is coming in saying what is the point of Jade and Adam? I can understand why. Jade wasn't needed and she is being written terrible. Adam was so needed back but Jean can't right a good storyline for him either. This lady needs to be fired!

• Members

I think they need a new EP and HW, IMMEDIATELY! They have both run their course I feel like and proof is not only in the ratings, but Jean P. did an interview with SOD a couple weeks back and basically admitted that she's done nothing wrong, has no regrets and wouldn't change a thing!!!

• Members

Soapsuds this is all so true. NuAdam is just so damn horrible. I cringe whenever he speaks. I really miss Adam #2 even if he was only on for a month. They should have used Austin Peck as a recast Mike because you just know he'll be the same dumbed down version of his formal self...which is bassically the same character Peck portrayed in DAYS. At least with Mike, he had a RECENT history with Katie, whom you know Peck will be paired with.

The biggest mistake of 2006 was killing off Jennifer. There are no women in that age group...there is only Katie so that is why she'll be written for over and over again. Even Terri is fed up with her character (it is in the recent SOD).

The show is so predictable. Meg/Paul will reunite while Craig will be alone. Dusty will fall for Emily which makes NO SENSE AT ALL. Tom/Margo have this current storyline but it'll be over by Mid-February and we won't see Lisa or the other vets until Spring/Summer for the occasional dinner/party/fiasco.

Give Gwen/Will young/newlywed drama instead of Adam/Iris.

How I would fix things:

- Luke has a fling with a closeted/confused/curious member of Oakdale...someone well connected and ON CONTRACT. Let him be older.

- Pair Iris/Craig together and let them run havoc on Oakdale. Let it be a marriage of convienience first and then have them fall in love.

- Either get rid of Emily or pair her up with Henry.

- Let Katie grow up.

- Reunite CarJack immediately when Maura returns.

- Promote Margo to Chief and explore Tom's military past. Maybe his recent heart attack can help him remember suprresed memories of the war he was in.

- Let Lily be involved at Worldwide...give Holden a job outside that damn barn. Let Lucinda have some fun.

• Members

This show has gone down the tubes fast. I think it's sucked for a long time, but the Luke story elevated the rest of it. The writing was so good and realistic that the over the top criminal stuff was more tolerable. Minus Luke, there's nothing but criminals and forced couplings and cheating. It would be different if one story was around that but that's all Jean P. writes. And where is Luke now? Nowhere for five months.

They invested so much time in Carly and Simon knowing they would be gone. They only brought on Austin Peck as a replacement hunk for Katie, not because there was a story worth telling.

I'm for a new EP and HW as well. Goutman is in charge so he has to be held accountable for this mess. GL has passed ATWT in the demos.

ATWT has three million loyal viewers remaining but that loyalty gets harder all the time.

You can't have a five hour a week show where most of the characters are unlikeable.

• Members

I've stated before that a "safe" option would be to fire Passanante (I never understood why TPTB brought her in after her unpopular tenure at AMC) and promote Richard Culliton to HW, and have Carolyn work alongside him.

The Cullitons would understand the show's history and use vets far better than Sheffer or Passanante ever could.

Archived