NAACP Image Award Nominees

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, that confuses me too. It would have made more sense if Lorenzo Lamas was nominated from B&B, but truthfully, I don't think they really give the soap categories much thought, so, oh, well... It is what it is, I guess.

• Members

Aww, don't you remember, the same thing happened the year Shemar Moore came back for his last temporary stint.

He was AUTOMATICALLY nominated for the NAACP award even tho he barely aired by 12/31 of that year.

And HE WON, going against KSJ, who had just come off of the alchoholic s/l, and fighting for his daughter!?

I heard that Shemar wins whenever he is nominated, no matter what he's done. I thought at the time this

was totally ridiculous, but lo and behold, nary a peep on the boards when he did win, having done nothing

that year except show up.

NAACP seems to operate as a popularity contest, and VR plays the game and courts them with phone calls, parties.

She knows how to market herself, and I'm sure she'll plug DS this year.

Remember what she said last year at NAACP. She said that she would no longer put herself up for the award, cause it was time to pass the baton, and then she called out DS to stand up, even tho CK, who had been nominated was sitting right there!!!!

And even tho there were actresses from the other shows there competing.

It was like she was telling EVERYONE that she was passing the baton to DS, and that it was a foregone conclusion that she

would win automatically, as VR does ANYTIME she's nominated.

So we'll see, and I will be shocked if DS doesn't win, cause as someone stated.. it is a given that someone from Y&R

WILL win in these categories. NAACP awards has lost my respect.

RIDICULOUS!!!

Archived