Article: Sun Setting On Net's Key Daytime Demos

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA. I have no desire to post with a bunch of Days zombies or people who are always positive. If I wanted that, I'd go to an actor's fan board instead of a discussion arena. I was EXTREMELY vocal in my disgust of the last few years--particularly when Matt was fired three times and during the SSK storyline. And although I was a staunch supporter of Reilly's the first time around, I was vocal about the garbage he spewed, and I wanted him gone yesterday.

The thing is, I will be every bit as positive and loyal when I'm happy with a show. In fact, I'll be more vocal because I don't like being negative. LOL! I really believe that Hogan and even Corday have bent over backwards to give us what we want, and now is the time to show our appreciation. If we don't spread positivity and show our support, we might not have a show to crab about in a few years. And I'm not saying that everyone HAS to like the show or only say positive things. What I'm saying is that those of us who are happy shouldn't be shy about putting our sentiments out there.

• Members

I agree. They could've just let this show continue to suck and spiral downhill until it eventually just died. But they haven't done that. They've taken this show with an iron grip and turned it around. They're really catering to fans and the kinds of stories and characters fans want to see. It's almost unbelievable. I've never seen a soap turnaround quite like this. It's an EMBARASSMENT of riches. This show right now is just so healthy and vibrant, and I want Corday & Co. to know that we're loving it. Otherwise, they might not know our appreciation and they'll let it slack off again.

• Members

good point. Very few of these threads contain many replies or further thoughts by the original poster. If you are 'passionate' enough to go out and find old articles, come back in and discuss. Explain what your take is on this more than just the few comments that seem to follow, if any at all.

• Members

I so agree. In fact, I plan on writing an e-mail to both Corday and Sheffer to tell them how happy I am. I had always heard e-mails didn't work, but that rumor we heard about Corday throwing e-mails in JERs face gives me hope that someone reads them. LOL

• Members

I agree!!

I will help you with that too because while I tolerated and liked Days even before Sheffer, I LOVE it now.

I bascially excepted that Days could never be the show it once was and that is why I watched what JER threw out because Days was alaways my show and I would watch until the end but I am so happy to see that the show I know and love is back to where it should be. Hogan has brought back the magic and things that made Days so great back in the day. It is the best show on daytime right now IMO and deserves praise. Is it perfect? No. However, compared to the other 8 shows it's far and away the best.

I am sick of the doom and gloom too for all the soaps. I don't mind old articles but there are like 5 on here today. Most of those articles have no bearing on what is happening now. There has been so much talk of the future of soaps lately and I think it's time to get away from that a bit and start focusing on what is being aired now.

• Members

I'm enjoying Days Of Our Lives and it is most vibrant I've seen in years.Hogan and Corday have really made a big difference in turning this show around.I wished they got Hogan back in 2003 when the show was threatened with cancellation but I'm glads Days eventually got him on board.

• Members

Please, when someone even dares to say something even remotely negative about Days, they basically get jumped on, so it's not just other soaps, it's ALL Soaps.

Anyways I agree about these out of date articles, I don't get what the point of the original post was anyways.

• Members

This article is SOOO OLD NEWS. In fact, a lot of the articles you have posted are OLD NEWS! What is the point in having a "current" discussion on OLD information that have been hashed, rehashed and dissected continously before? DAYS went through its "ITS ALMOST OVER" bit. That's why the changes happened. There is no need to discuss them or the poor ratings the show had when it sucked balls either.

• Members

Happy to. :)

Actually, although this article is irrelevant as far as current content goes, for me it brought things home. I'm right smack dab in the middle of this 18-49 demographic--as are most of my friends. This demographic was the one singing the praises of Days on Saturday. I personally believe that any viewer of any age is good, but this so called 'desired' demographic of 18-49 is buying what Sheffer is selling, and they are LOVING it. Yeah, they might be running their kids to dance class or practices or doing 5,000 mundane chores, but they are taking the time to sit down and watch the show EVERY DAY.

I think it's great to see lapsed viewers come back, especially in this day and age where there is so much going on. I also think it's awesome to see people posting in Days threads who don't even count Days as their number one or two soap. How exciting is that?

Truly, we probably won't get the numbers we used to because of SoapNet and Tivo--and frankly, I don't put much stock in Nielsens ratings anyway. But I found it really encouraging and exciting to have long-time friends initiate Days conversations and rave about it. So basically, this article really shows us how far we've come. Hogan is touching nerves by bringing back everything that was good about Days, and they are responding in kind.

• Members

Glad to have a comrade, Phoenix. LOL!! I greatly appreciate that Hogan has taken our concerns seriously. The attention to detail is great, and it's obvious he has taken the time to do his homework. He understands what works for Days and what doesn't. I think he genuinely cares about what people think of his work and the show and it shows. He's not sacrificing quality for flash-in-the-pan antics just to get a quick bump in ratings. He's taking his time, building the show, and giving us all a lot to look forward to.

Archived