Article: Sun Setting On Net's Key Daytime Demos

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kenny I have said that many times. I hated it when Days was the brunt of the negativity and I stood up and defended it. I said it was wrong then. I esp. hated when people said basically that Days had lost it's soul and should be cancelled.

And now I am defending the other shows I watch against the same thing.

I will tell you that what disappoints me the most is hearing Days fans now say some of the same things about other soaps that was said about Days. They know first hand how bad it was to hear their show ridiculed or made fun of when the ratings were down and yell for NBC to put it out of it's misery.

I dont think any show deserves that. Esp right now that I see some shows are really trying and the evidence is there on the screen now that some are trying.

I agree with you about the articles being old. I don't thing you can stop negativity either - that is part of a message board. I just don't see the difference in these articles and the comments. That was just my point.

And I don't have a point with negative comments at all. I have said that over and over. We all have different opinions about what is good and what is bad. But to say a show is so bad that it should be cancelled or has no worth is more than just being negative.

• Members

Sometimes I think some people have bashed Days for so long that it's become habit. It's like they can't get out of that mode or something. I realize Days isn't absolutely perfect, but it is SO improved from where it was even 6 months ago. Personally, I find it to be amaaaazing, and I'm trying to spread the Days love and some positivity.

What's great is that from what I'm seeing, people who don't even frequent the internet are completely stoked about where Days is right now. I ran into three different friends on Saturday night, and every single one of them started up a conversation about Days. They ALL said how fantastic the show is (and how much they love EJ) and how they Tivo and watch it daily. These are all full-time working women who are making it a point to watch Days every night. They had no idea about writer changes or spoilers, but they know a major overhaul when they see one, and they are completely enthralled. It was so great to hear that and to see the excitement that a lot of us on the internet feel towards the show.

So people can gloom and doom all they want, but I personally am going to be Days' cheerleader from here on out. Hogan has delivered big time.

• Members

I was in agreement with those who said that Days was horrible. The only thing that ever got on my nerves were people who were constantly trying to bash the actors, but I digress...

I don't know. It just seems kind of silly to me to pussyfoot around and keep from saying what we really feel just because soaps ratings are in the toilet. I've been invested in this genre for over a decade and a half, and I think that gives me the right to have an opinion, be it incredibly positive or incredibly negative. We shouldn't just have to sit back and pretend we love everything they're churning out.

• Members

We all have our feelings on it. Personally I have stated how I feel. I think there is a big difference as I said in a negative opinion. We all have negative opinions in what we like and don't like. What one person finds bad is different than what another finds bad. That is why they are called opinions.

I am not saying you have but some on here take their opinions across the line - beyond just being negative. Their opinions tread very close to bashing and those are the ones I have a problem with. But it seems with the majority they are okay and who am I to question it anymore.

Personally I don't feel any of the shows except maybe Y&R have anything to brag about ratings wise so I find if funny for any of us to poke fun or say anything about another shows ratings. I learned that when everyone was talking about Days ratings when the show was not at it's best. So I personally disagree with any fans of any show saying anything about another shows ratings or pointing fingers and saying that any show deserves bad ratings becasue of what they are producing or putting out.

None of us know when the ratings for our show are going to falter esp those shows in the middle. Just a few weeks ago using Days as an example people were talking about how good the show was and then it got a 2.4. So who even knows about the ratings.

• Members

Well said. I think, that while as a whole, we should try to stay positive with each other, it doesn't mean that we have to walk about like drones eating up everything that we are being fed. What makes it hard, with this particular thread, is the information presented is outdated! Things are constantly changing and we can't keep looking back at old articles to draw from, they have no real revelance.

I'm a third generation soap viewer, and more than any other tv entertainment, I too have been invested in this genre like no other, really.

If you don't like something, fine, feel free to express and debate, but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to agree with you and you shouldn't immediately jump on the defense. It's common sense, nuff said....

Archived